Hotel La Scaletta
Lungomare Paolo Toscanelli 130, 00121 Lido di Ostia, Italy – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 1056 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
La Scaletta Hotel is a 10-minute walk from Lido di Ostia Centro Station, where you can catch a train to the archaeological ruins of Ostia Antica, as well as central Rome.
Located on Ostia's busy seaside promenade, La Scaletta is surrounded by bars, restaurants and beach clubs.
Fiumicino Airport is a 15-minute drive away, while Rome's modern exhibition center, Fiera di Roma, is only 12 mi away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Lido di Ostia, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.Hotel La Scaletta has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 13, 2010
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hello, what are the options for getting from Fiumicino airport to Hotel La Scaletta in the second half of November (arrival at 19:00-20:00)?Hello, there are several options to reach Ostia from Fiumicino airport: 1) public transport (airport bus): the COTRAL line bus (blue/white vehicle..Answered on 13 October 2019
- When is the best time to visit your property for the perfect beach holiday?Hello, the beach season begins on May 1st and ends on Sept. 30th: during this period the beach resorts are all open and provide several level of servi..Answered on 13 October 2019
- Hi, we are landing at 23.40, is that possible to check-in so late? Do you offer also airport transfer maybe? Thank you in advance! HenriettaHello, late check-in is possible but the airport shuttle service is not available after 23:15. Anyway we can put you in contact with one of the profes..Answered on 14 October 2021
- Kindly advise walking distance from the nearest bus stop (Bus from Rome) Also, what is the cheapest way to reach Fiumicino Airport at 7am from your h..From Rome downtown, the best way to reach Ostia is by train (connecting busses only operate at nighttime). The main station Ostia Lido Centro is 10' w..Answered on 27 July 2022
- What is the best way to get to Ostia Antica from the hotel? Are bikes available to rent or use?Good Morning, For to go Ostia Antica excavation you can take the train one stop about ten minute you stay In Ostia Antica excavation. Or you take the ..Answered on 3 July 2022
- Still looking?
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Private beach areaAdditional charge
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Tile/Marble floor
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 1:30 PM to 11:30 PM
From 6:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 7 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Hotel La Scaletta accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Hotel La Scaletta of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel La Scaletta
The nearest beach is 150 feet from Hotel La Scaletta.
Room options at Hotel La Scaletta include:
Guests staying at Hotel La Scaletta can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Hotel La Scaletta is 800 feet from the center of Lido di Ostia.
Check-in at Hotel La Scaletta is from 1:30 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
Hotel La Scaletta offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Bicycle rental
- Private beach area
The prices at Hotel La Scaletta may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.