via Merulana 105, Rione Monti, 00185 Rome, Italy – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 387 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Merulana Holidays! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Well set in the Monti district of Rome, Merulana Holidays is located a 9-minute walk from Santa Maria Maggiore, 0.6 miles from San Giovanni Metro Station and a 13-minute walk from Cavour Metro Station. The property is around a 17-minute walk from Rome Termini Metro Station, 0.8 miles from Roma Termini and a 12-minute walk from The Colosseum. The property is 1.2 miles from the city center and a 7-minute walk from Vittorio Emanuele Metro Station.
The guesthouse will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms with a desk, a coffee machine, a fridge, a minibar, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a bidet. Free WiFi and a seating area are available to all guests, while certain rooms will provide you with a DVD player. At Merulana Holidays every room includes bed linen and towels.
Popular points of interest near the accommodation include Colosseo Metro Station, Porta Maggiore and Domus Aurea. The nearest airport is Rome Ciampino, 8.1 miles from Merulana Holidays, and the property offers a paid airport shuttle service.
This is our guests' favorite part of Rome, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.Merulana Holidays has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Aug 19, 2017
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Good morning, if I arrive at fumicino airport at 2145, it would mean I would arrive to check in after 2300 to check in. Would this be ok ? Thank you for your reply.Thanks a lot for your message. Check-in after 10 pm costs extra € 20.00 After 00.30 we are closedAnswered on 1 July 2020
- Hi, we’re booked to stay for 2 nights 27th-29th April arriving tomorrow morning. Are irons and hairdryers in every room? ThanksHello We have hairdryers in all rooms and an iron for guests. Have a nice day.Answered on 26 April 2022
- I am interested in booking a twin beaded room for myself and my elderly and fit aunt who would love to see Rome and Vatican City.Thank you so much for the message. We look forward to welcoming you. Merulana HolidaysAnswered on 25 March 2022
- "I can offer you free check-in if you please take the taxi and arrive quickly in 15-20 from.." Answering what you wrote to me above. -Yes we were planning to take taxi anyway. We don't have extra luggage so it shouldn't take long in airport. I'll book tomorrow if still available. Cheers, KenThanks so much for the quick reply. SilvanaAnswered on 19 January 2022
- Hello, I would like to possibly book your place for 22-26.01 but I have an issue with arrival time. Me and my gf arrive to Ciampino airport at around 23:00. It might be possible that we arrive to accommodation location at around 01:00 at night. Is check-in still possible at that time? Regards, KenI can offer you free check-in if you please take the taxi and arrive quickly in 15-20 from Ciampino airport. The fixed rate from Ciampino airport to the center of Rome is € 30.Answered on 19 January 2022
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Dining table
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Clothes rack
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Stand-up comedyAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleriesAdditional chargeOff-site
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- DVD player
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing service
- Dry cleaning
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Key access
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Adults only
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Tile/Marble floor
- Laptop safe
- Soundproof rooms
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
From 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Cash Merulana Holidays accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
Please inform Merulana Holidays of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
License number: 6813
FAQs about Merulana Holidays
Merulana Holidays is 1.1 miles from the center of Rome.
Check-in at Merulana Holidays is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
The prices at Merulana Holidays may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Merulana Holidays offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Temporary art galleries
- Themed dinners
- Walking tours
- Tour or class about local culture
- Stand-up comedy
- Happy hour
- Bike tours
- Bar crawls
- Movie nights
Room options at Merulana Holidays include: