Via Del Giglio 5, Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Florence, Italy –
Excellent location – rated 9.4/10! (score from 1695 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
The hotel is situated where once the first medieval city walls were built between 1173 and 1175. In 1284 the municipality decided to move the existing walls further from the centre, building much bigger ones which enclosed the new inhabited areas which overflowed outside the old walls. Works finished in 1333 and the old walls were knocked down. In there place new buildings grew with the stones from the walls and among these was the building where Hotel Nizza now is. Further research in still in course but it is certain that in 1800 several monks amongst which the renowned Bernardino Bambi, lived here. In our breakfast room you can see an engraved marble stone found during recent restoration, which testimonies to the fact. It is to be presumed that hospitality has always been the primary function for this building since this land outside the city walls was probably property of the Santa Maria Novella church. The building became what we consider in modern times "a hotel" in 1911. This has been confirmed by Florence's Chamber of Commerce in a document of 1924 found recently among old papers in an attic.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Santa Maria Novella 0.1 miles
- Santa Maria Maggiore 0.1 miles
- Cappelle Medicee 0.1 miles
- The Market of San Lorenzo 0.2 miles
- Via Dè Tornabuoni 0.2 miles
- Strozzi Palace 0.2 miles
- Florence Baptistry 0.2 miles
- Belltower by Giotto 0.2 miles
- Santa Maria Novella Train Station 0.2 miles
- Medici Riccardi Palace 0.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Piazza della Signoria 0.4 miles
- Palazzo Vecchio 0.4 miles
- Ponte Vecchio 0.4 miles
- Pitti Palace 0.6 miles
- Convent of San Marco 0.6 miles
- Sant'Ambrogio Market 0.8 miles
- The Mall Luxury Outlet 11.7 miles
- Piazza Matteotti 13.6 miles
- BARBERINO DESIGNER OUTLET 14.8 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Bar Cafe/Bar 0 miles
- Conad Supermarket 0 miles
- Mercato Centrale San Lorenzo Market 0.1 miles
- Ostaria dei Cento Poveri Restaurant 0.3 miles
- Peretola Airport 3.2 miles
- Galileo Galilei Airport 42.7 miles
- Guglielmo Marconi Airport 52.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Hotel Nizza
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Florence
Most Popular Facilities
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
Food & Drink
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Private parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed) and costs EUR 26 per day.
- Parking Garage
- Daily Housekeeping
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Tour Desk
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Soundproof Rooms
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years are charged EUR 5 per night in a crib.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
ATM card Debit card Hotel Nizza accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.