Residenza Johanna I
Via Bonifazio Lupi 14, 50129 Florence, Italy – Great location - show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Residenza Johanna I! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.This elegant 19th-century town house is in a quiet, residential part of Florence, half a mile from Santa Maria Novella Train Station. All classic-style rooms come with an LCD TV and free Wi-Fi.
Rooms at Residenza Johanna I are decorated in a traditional Florentine style, with silk and antique furniture. Each one provides air conditioning, a minibar, and a fully-equipped private bathroom.
Tuscan cheeses and breads are served at the Johanna's breakfast buffet. You will also find cake, cookies and a choice of sweet pastries.
Fortezza da Basso Exhibition Centre is less than half a mile from the residence. Florence Cathedral is a 15 minute walk away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Florence, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.9 for a two-person trip.Residenza Johanna I has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Dec 22, 2011
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Nel vostro parcheggio convenzionato si entra nella ztl?Buongiorno La ZTL non è un problema: basta seguire le indicazioni che mandiamo sempre al momento della prenotazione. Cordiali saluti IvanAnswered on 23 August 2021
- Hello, I'm trying to book for 2 adults and 1 child but the Booking app changes back to just 2 adults when booking. How do I fix this?Hello, Can you kindly tell us for which date you would be interested in staying with us? Kind regards MarcelloAnswered on 13 July 2021
- Hello is check in at 21-22 is possibleHi, yes, it is possible to check in at 21-22. If you tell us the time of your arrival, the check in is possible at any hour. Best regards, FabrizioAnswered on 6 August 2021
- Hi. We are arriving by motorcycle. Is there somewhere secure I can park please.Dear Guest You can park the motorbike at the Parterre public car park / private garage (cost about € 15) or for free exactly in front of the Residence in the spaces for motorcycles. Best regards IvanAnswered on 20 June 2021
- from the train station should we take a taxi, or walk or take a bus. Do you know how much a taxi should cost? thanks!Residenza Johanna is not far from the main railway station SANTA MARIA NOVELLA. You can reach us in 15 minutes walk. Directions: Via Nazionale, Piazza Indipendenza, Via Santa Caterina D’Alessandria, Via Bonifacio Lupi .Taxi stop outside the main exit of the station at an approximately cost of 15 euro.Answered on 17 February 2020
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- City view
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Live music/PerformanceOff-site
- Cooking classAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersOff-site
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional charge
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleries
- Flat-screen TV
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Breakfast in the room
- Valet parking
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Baby safety gates
- Board games/Puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Pet bowls
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Mosquito net
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Private entrance
- Family rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
From 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Cash Residenza Johanna I accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
The fine print
Please inform Residenza Johanna I of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Residenza Johanna I
Residenza Johanna I is 0.8 miles from the center of Florence.
Residenza Johanna I offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Temporary art galleries
- Tour or class about local culture
- Bike tours
- Live music/Performance
- Movie nights
- Cooking class
- Themed dinners
- Bicycle rental
- Bar crawls
- Walking tours
Guests staying at Residenza Johanna I can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Residenza Johanna I include:
Check-in at Residenza Johanna I is from 8:00 AM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at Residenza Johanna I may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.