Offering rooms and suites set in large caves, Le Grotte della Civita is located in the Matera's Sassi area, a UNESCO site. Rooms feature stone floors and antique furniture. The panoramic terrace overlooks the Murgia National Park.
Albergo Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita welcomes guests with fresh fruit and cool water, served in a candle-lit dining area. Wi-Fi is free throughout the property.
All rooms are air-conditioned and uniquely decorated. The bed linen is made from antique cloth.
On request, you can enjoy an exclusive dinner in the property's former church.
Guests can enjoy discounted rates at a nearby partner car park.
This is our guests' favourite part of Matera, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.9 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
- Hi can you arrange a taxi from Bari airport?dear Guest, we inform you that we can arrange a pirvate dirver waiting for you outiside your gate with a named board. The value is of 120€ each way. We remain at your disposal. GiusiAnswered on 11 February 2022
- We are staying with you 10/10 Monday. May we make a reservation for dinner in your restaurant Mon eve at 7 pm? Robert Ranney and Maureen Kirk grazieDear Maureen & Robert, thank you for your request. We do not have a proper restaurant, we organize a very exclusive Candlelight dinner in our XIII Century Church. Please reach us direclty for further information.Answered on 9 October 2022
- Are dogs allowed?Thanks for your message. We are pleased to inform you that dogs are welcomed. A fee of €35 total is required for the final cave sanitazion. For which day are you planning to book? Thank you and best regards.Answered on 29 June 2021
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner, Cocktail hour
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 23:30
08:00 - 12:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
ATM card Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita
From the nearest airport, you can get to Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita by:
- Airport shuttle (arranged by property) 50min
- Car 50min
Room options at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita include:
Guests staying at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita has 1 restaurant:
The prices at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Tour or class about local culture
- Themed dinner nights
- Bicycle rental
- Walking tours
- Live music/performance
- Bike tours
- Cooking class
- Yoga classes
Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita is 500 yards from the centre of Matera.
Check-in at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.