Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita
Via Civita 28, 75100 Matera, Italy – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.9/10! (score from 450 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1-10. To get the overall score that you see, we add up all the review scores we’ve received and divide that total by the number of review scores we’ve received. In addition, guests can give separate ‘subscores’ in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value for money and free Wi-Fi. Note that guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently, so there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an Accommodation that you booked through our Platform if you stayed there or if you arrived at the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, please contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialise in detecting fake reviews submitted to our Platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone else who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team, so our Fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we would publish every review we receive, whether positive or negative. However, we won’t display any review that includes or refers to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive information (e.g. emails, phone numbers or credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (e.g. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out, and we may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old – or if the Accommodation has a change of ownership.
An Accommodation may choose to reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (what language a review is in, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). If you like, you can sort and/or filter them (by time of year, review score, etc.).
We sometimes show external review scores from other well-known travel websites. We make it clear when we’ve done this.
Guidelines and standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly without limiting expression of strong opinions. They are also applicable regardless of the sentiment of the comment.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include 'hate speech', discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, and the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options may be available (by type of traveller, by score, etc.).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Albergo Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita welcomes guests with fresh fruit and cool water, served in a candle-lit dining area. Wi-Fi is free throughout the property.
All rooms are air-conditioned and uniquely decorated. The bed linen is made from antique cloth.
On request, you can enjoy an exclusive dinner in the property's former church.
Guests can enjoy discounted rates at a nearby partner car park.
This is our guests' favourite part of Matera, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.9 for a two-person trip.Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 22 Jul 2010.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- We are staying with you 10/10 Monday. May we make a reservation for dinner in your restaurant Mon eve at 7 pm? Robert Ranney and Maureen Kirk grazieDear Maureen & Robert, thank you for your request. We do not have a proper restaurant, we organize a very exclusive Candlelight dinner in our XIII Century Church. Please reach us direclty for further information.Answered on 9 October 2022
- Hi can you arrange a taxi from Bari airport?dear Guest, we inform you that we can arrange a pirvate dirver waiting for you outiside your gate with a named board. The value is of 120€ each way. We remain at your disposal. GiusiAnswered on 11 February 2022
- Are dogs allowed?Thanks for your message. We are pleased to inform you that dogs are welcomed. A fee of €35 total is required for the final cave sanitazion. For which day are you planning to book? Thank you and best regards.Answered on 29 June 2021
- Hello, can you arrange transport from Matera to Bari airport on a Sunday and roughly how much would this cost? ThanksWe can arrange private transfer: our driver will be waiting for you just outside your gate with a named board. This private service has a value of € 125 each way and, in one hour driving, you will be here.Answered on 8 February 2023
- Open forBreakfast • Dinner • Cocktail hour
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- River view
- City view
- Landmark view
- Garden view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- Cleaning products
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Live music/performanceAdditional chargeOff-site
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Themed dinner nightsAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Private check-in/check-out
- Concierge service
- Luggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Trouser pressAdditional charge
- Ironing service
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Safety deposit box
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Private entrance
- Car hire
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
- Yoga classes
- MassageAdditional charge
From 15:00 to 23:30
From 08:00 to 12:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
Cash ATM card Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
FAQs about Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita
Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita has 1 restaurant:
Check-in at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita is 500 yards from the centre of Matera.
Guests staying at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Tour or class about local culture
- Themed dinner nights
- Bicycle rental
- Walking tours
- Live music/performance
- Bike tours
- Cooking class
- Yoga classes
The prices at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Room options at Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita include: