506-0035 Gifu, Takayama, Shingumachi 3349-1, Japan – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.4/10! (score from 117 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Reopened after renovation in 2022, Auberge Hidanomori is situated in quiet hills, a 10-minute shuttle ride from JR Takayama Station. The property offers free WiFi access in rooms and in public areas including the shared TV lounge and the terrace. Each room has air-conditioning and heating facilities at Hidanomori Auberge. Bathrooms are shared. Free toiletries are provided. Guests here can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking or walking through the on-site garden, or just simply unwind at the shared lounge with some tea. Free on-site parking is also available. Breakfast is served in the dining hall starting at 07:30 daily. Freshly baked bread, salad, yogurt, tea and coffee are served, while Italian cuisine is served for dinner. Meals require advance reservations. From Auberge Hidanomori, Hida Minzoku Mura Folk Village and Takayama Jinya are within a 10-minute drive.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.Auberge Hidanomori has been welcoming Booking.com guests since 24 Feb 2015.
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Free WiFi
See what guests loved the most:
- GustavUnited Kingdom“Exceptional in every way - a calm oasis on the outskirts of Takayama in the midst of the forest. Run by a lovely family who are kind and helpful, and incredible chefs cooking innovative cuisine at the highest level (make sure you have dinner and...”
- JohannaUnited Kingdom“beautiful minimalist rooms in a picturesque setting. delicious food served on beautiful and local tableware. the owners take great care in hosting their guests.”
- ChaiSingapore“clean and quiet place, room and bed is quite big , nice breakfast , nice dinner, and wine pairing”
- OrlandoNetherlands“The staff, the design, diner and wines were amazing. The stay is really an experience and the people are so nice. We loved the admopshere (interior, music, surroundings etc.) Perfection. The Onsen is also really nice. We had a super relaxed an...”
- FlorianAustria“Wonderful B&B with tasteful interior and European vibe. Totally unexpected gem in this area with attention for detail. Excellent Mediterranean-influenced 5 course dinner. The Chef is a wine aficionado and does crazy wine pairings ;) Be aware only...”
- AaronMalaysia“Amazing place in the middle of nature, with great dining and friendly hospitality. Totally refreshing and highly recommended!”
- CarlItaly“Excellent breakfast and dinner, very friendly hosts, shuttle service to the city center, peaceful location, nice common areas.”
- TimAustralia“The property is beautifully and simply decorated and the spa room is lovely but the real joy of Auberge Hidanomori are the family who run it. They are kind and generous and the food is wonderful.”
- ElenaAustria“This is easily one of the best places I have ever stayed in. And I have traveled a lot. The house is beautifully renovated, and furnished absolutely tastefully. Clean, simple lines, calm, attention to details, a Beauty, outside as well as inside....”
- HweyTaiwan“This is an unique house situated at the border of house area. It has a back yard like a forest. The window view is a picture of woods.”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few hours
Hello We love the sound of the Auberge but we don’t have a car (overseas visitors), how do we get around takayama? Are there taxis? Thank you, NoniWe have happy to take to or pick you up from Takayama station during your stay.Answered on 26 September 2022
Hello, we wish to book 2 nights between 15 December to 23 December 2023, for 3 adults. We like the mountain views and room with fire place.Thank you so much for your mail. Please book 2 room for 3 people.Answered on 11 July 2023
Hi, may I ask if there are no toilets and shower inside the rooms?Bath and Shower The Guest rooms with toilets, but no bathtub or showers. Please use the private Hinoki cypress bath on the 2nd floor.Answered on 5 August 2023
Hello! I was wondering whether the shuttle service is only for the first day or can the it also be used for example to visit the city of Takayama or the Hida folks the next day during our stay? Or is there a public transport option to visit surroundings/city of takayama? thank you for your reply!We will pick you up from Takayama station for free during your stay. Best regards. Auberge HidanomoriAnswered on 4 August 2023
What does shared bathroom mean?We have 2 share bathroom (2 shower,bathtub each one) You can lock the door to use privately.Answered on 1 October 2022
Property surroundings *
Restaurants1 restaurant on site
- Open forDinner
Facilities of Auberge HidanomoriGreat facilities! Review score, 9.6
- Free parking
- Non-smoking rooms
- Free WiFi
- Toilet paper
- Free toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Mountain view
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Shuttle service
- Daily housekeeping
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Soundproof rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 16:00 to 21:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cots and extra beds are not available at this property.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Cash Auberge Hidanomori accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
To eat breakfast and/or dinner at the property, a reservation must be made in advance.
Please note adult rates are applicable to children 6 years and older.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), please ensure that you are only booking this property following the local government guidelines of the destination, including but not limited to the purpose of travel, and maximum allowed group size.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property currently isn't accepting guests from certain countries, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In accordance with government guidelines to minimise transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary and other relevant information, during dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Please inform Auberge Hidanomori in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
License number: 岐阜県指令飛保第243号の１９, 號岐阜県指令飛保第243号の１９
FAQs about Auberge Hidanomori
Auberge Hidanomori is 2 miles from the centre of Takayama. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
The prices at Auberge Hidanomori may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Auberge Hidanomori has 1 restaurant:
Auberge Hidanomori offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
Guests staying at Auberge Hidanomori can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Auberge Hidanomori is from 16:00, and check-out is until 10:00.
Room options at Auberge Hidanomori include: