508-0502 Gifu, Nakatsugawa, Magome 4266, Japan – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 439 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Located in the historical town of Magome, Tajimaya features Japanese-style accommodations in a 110-year old building. Each room features a flat-screen TV, and guests can relax in the public bath. The property lies in front of a traditional stone-paved street, and is a 5-minute walk from the Magome Bus Stop. Free Wi-Fi is available in the public areas. The air-conditioned rooms include a thermo flask of hot water with green tea bags. Bathroom with a public bath and toilets are shared. Toothbrushes and Japanese Yukata robes are provided for all guests. Guests can sit by the Japanese-style Irori fireplace, or go on hikes along the historical Nakasendo road. A Japanese-style breakfast and dinner are served at the dining room. Breakfast is served at 07:30 and dinner is served at 18:00. Tajimaya Inn is a 5 mi from Tsumago Town and 90-minute train ride from JR Nagoya Station. JR Nakatsugawa Station is a 20-minute bus ride away, while Nakasendo Mountain Tea House is a 70-minute walk from the property.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.6 for a two-person trip.Tajimaya has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Feb 28, 2012
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
See what guests loved the most:
- DeidreUnited States of America“Excellent location- included breakfast and dinner. Host sang a sing for us before we left- he sings well and was very pleasant. Beautiful area and the property was perfect.”
- KerryUnited States of America“The staff was extremely kind and friendly. The dinner was amazing.”
- WinyaroopThailand“Beautiful ryokan, very comfortable mattress and futon, breakfast and dinner was very delicious and beautiful arrangement, staff were very kind and attentive, excellent location for start Nakasendo trail.”
- ElenaUnited States of America“A small but very cozy family run inn right in the center of town. Great value, really delicious breakfast and dinner. The hinoki bath is a must. Perfect place to stay while exploring the Nakasendo trail.”
- RyanUnited States of America“The traditional Japanese guesthouse experience was unique and special. The set meals were phenomenal. The staff was terrific. The owner performed a traditional samurai song and dance after dinner that was great. Location is right on the main...”
- LeonCanada“Lovely spacious room, tea and cookies on arrival, staff attended to my dietary needs.”
- PittsAustralia“the location of Tajimaya is incredible. You are in the heart of the Magome -juku area on the main pedestrian street, surrounded by shops. Breakfast and dinner are incredibly filling (great for energy if you’re going for a hike!) . this ryokan has...”
- BrianUnited States of America“beautiful older property with really friendly hosts. The futons were a lot more comfortable with than I was expecting. The dinner was really delicious and more than enough. The bath was very relaxing.”
- NaraUnited States of America“The dinner and breakfast are good. The food definitely caters to foreign tourist tastes. So if you want to try out Japanese food experience, while still staying in your comfort zone, this place is for you.”
- EminaBelgium“Area is great. Food is delicious and they serve very generously.”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
Please could you tell me if the onsen accepts guests with Tattoos? my husband as a couple. Thank youHello Please be assured. It's okay. Thank you very much. TajimayaAnswered on 5 January 2020
Hi, May I know if the food is the same every day as we plan to stay for 2 nights. Thanks.Dinner will little changeAnswered on 7 December 2022
Is the hotel able to assist with luggage forwarding to Tsumago? Thanks!After March 20, luggage will be transported. If you bring it to the Magome Tourist Information Center, it will be transported for 1000 yen.Answered on 26 January 2020
hi when can I book for February 2024 please?Hello. There is building maintenance in February. I think it will be closed until around the 20th. Reservation acceptance is undecided. I'm sorry.Answered on 21 June 2023
Hello, is a vegetarian meal possible? I do not eat meat or fish. ThanksHello It is possible, but the number of items may decrease. Thank you very much.Answered on 29 January 2023
Would we be able to drop off our luggage before check in time (for example, at 11am) and have it held safely for us? That way, we can do the hike to T..We can keep your luggage.Answered on 7 September 2023
- Still looking?
Area info *
Amenities of TajimayaGreat facilities! Review score, 8.4
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Baggage storage
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
From 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children over 6 are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction for check-in. (Only children 6 and up are allowed)
Cash Tajimaya accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
During the winter season, guests are advised to bring warm clothes as the property is more than 100 years old and heating may not be sufficient in guestrooms.
Guests must check in by 6:00 PM to eat dinner at this property. Guests who check in after this time may not be served dinner, and no refund will be given.
Please inform Tajimaya of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
FAQs about Tajimaya
Tajimaya offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Check-in at Tajimaya is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Tajimaya is 4.3 miles from the center of Nakatsugawa. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Room options at Tajimaya include:
The prices at Tajimaya may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.