648-0211 Wakayama, Koyasan, Koyasan 293, Japan – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 313 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Yochi-in! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.Located in the sacred Mount Koya area, Yochi-in is a historic temple and an accommodations for visitors. Just to the left of entering sanmon gate, there is a stone garden created by the famous Mirei Shigemori and designated a natural monument by the Japanese government.
Guests can experience temple activities such as meditation, sutra copying and tracing of Buddhist deities at an additional charge, if reserved in advance. Guests can also participate in morning prayers, which do not require reservation.
All rooms at Yochi-in are Japanese-style and feature tatami (woven-straw) floors. Traditional futon bedding, a TV, fan and heater are provided. Bathroom and toilet are shared with other guests. The spacious public baths feature a hot tub. On-site luggage storage is available.
Guests with reservations that include a meal can enjoy delicately prepared homemade vegetarian meals featuring seasonal dishes. Convenience stores are located within a 3-minute walking distance from the property.
It is a 10-minute walk from the famous Kongobuji Temple. Guests can visit the Buddhist temple, Danjogaran, just a 3-minute walk away.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.Yochi-in has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jun 24, 2013
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Are there gluten free options with the breakfast and diner? Also, is having tattoos an issue for entering the bath area?We can deal with gruten free. We don't mind our guest's tattoos.Answered on 7 January 2020
- Hi. Do we need to reserve temple activities in advance? We check-in on Sunday March 22nd. Thank you, Nick GissingEverybody can join our morning celemony, it costs free. You can reserve Shakyo and Shabutsu after check-in.Answered on 18 March 2020
- Hello, what time is curfew? I would like to stay here and attend the cemetery tour that finishes at 9pm, is it possible? Thank you!Hello, we appreciate you to watch our temple. Curfew is 9pm. But you want to go the cemetery tour, we close the gate when you come back the tour. And ..Answered on 19 October 2022
- how to access the temple from kyoto?There is a direct bus from Kyoto to Koyasan. It starts at 8:10 or 9:20 at kyoto station.Answered on 22 October 2022
- We are two people, but is only a triple room available for our dates. Will you adjust the breakfast and dinner charge to two persons, instead of three..We ecommend booking through a booking site other than booking.Answered on 2 June 2023
- Still looking?
- Baggage storage
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
From 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
From 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Cash Yochi-in accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
- Please inform the property in advance if guests have any food allergies or dietary needs. Please contact the property through the special requests box at the time of booking. Please note, the property may not be able to fulfill some requests.
- Please note, meal requests cannot be accommodated at check-in.
- Please note that some rooms do not have a lock (a safety deposit box is available in all rooms).
- Please note this is strictly a nonsmoking property. There is a designated smoking area on site.
- The property has a curfew at 21:00. Please note, the curfew is 20:00 during the winter season from early December until mid March.
- Please note, the on-site public bath is available until 21:00. During the winter season from early December until mid March, there is a smaller bath that is available until 20:00.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Yochi-in of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests must check in by 5:00 PM to eat dinner at this property. Guests who check in after this time may not be served dinner, and no refund will be given.
License number: 髙保第１２６７号
FAQs about Yochi-in
Yochi-in offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi
The prices at Yochi-in may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, there's a hot tub. You can find out more about this and the other facilities at Yochi-in on this page.
Yochi-in is 2,300 feet from the center of Koyasan.
Room options at Yochi-in include:
Check-in at Yochi-in is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Guests staying at Yochi-in can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.4).
Breakfast option(s) include: