AM SCHLASS, L-9774, Urspelt, Luxembourg –
The origins of the chateau date back more than 300 years. The building has seen its share of vicissitudes & long court cases between its previous owners. This was the case right up until 1862 when a certain Mr Bouvier became its master and started carrying out important renovation work on it. He is to be thanked for the wonderful path lined with elms. The chateau suffered a great deal of damage during the 2nd World War. Requisitioned It became a local command post. At the height of the Battle of the Bulge, it was abandoned to US troops (26th Inf "Yankee Division") who settled in for the harsh winter of 1944. To keep themselves warm, these soldiers were to tear down and burn part of its precious woodwork. Neglected from that time on, the chateau gradually began to disappear behind overgrown vegetation & be forgotten by the local people. In 2005 when Mr. Freddy Lodomez, an entrepreneur with a passion for restoration & heritage, After 3 years, non-stop work, with the greatest respect of the traditions, to return the chateau to its former beauty and splendor.the Chateau d'Urspelt has been classified as a National Monument of Luxemburg.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Castle Clervaux 1.5 miles
- Museum The Family of Man 1.6 miles
- Toy Museum 1.6 miles
- Golf de Clervaux 2.4 miles
- Action & Fun Center 10.6 miles
- Castle Bourscheid 11.5 miles
- Vianden Castle 11.9 miles
- Vianden Chairlift 12.1 miles
- Victor Hugo Museum 12.2 miles
- National Park Upper Sure 12.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- National Museum of Military History 15 miles
- National Museum for Historical Vehicle 15.1 miles
- Lac De Weiswampach luxembourg Lake 1.9 miles
- River 0.2 miles
- Findel Airport 31.4 miles
- Liege Airport 47.1 miles
- Hahn Airport 55 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Food: Belgian, French, German, European
Open for: Dinner
4 Reasons to Choose Chateau d'Urspelt
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Fireplace
- Outdoor Furniture
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Spa/Wellness Packages
- Spa Lounge/Relaxation Area
- Beach Umbrellas
- Beach Chairs/Loungers
- Heated Pool
- Pool With View
- Outdoor Pool (seasonal)
- Spa (additional charge)
- Wheelchair Accessible
Services & Extras
- Tickets to Attractions or Shows (additional charge)
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
- Live Sports Events (Broadcast)
- Water Park Off-site
- Horseback Riding Off-site (additional charge)
- Canoeing Off-site (additional charge)
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
- Pool Table (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
- Tennis Court Off-site (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- On-site Coffee Shop
- Bottle of Water
- Wine/Champagne (additional charge)
- Kids' Meals (additional charge)
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Accessible Parking
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Secured Parking
- Public Transportation Tickets (additional charge)
Front Desk Services
- Ticket Service
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Board Games/Puzzles
- Daily Housekeeping
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service
- Pet Bowls
- Pet Basket
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Vending Machine (drinks)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Hypoallergenic Room Available
- Shops (on site)
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Room Service
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children under 12 years are charged EUR 40 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged EUR 50 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Chateau d'Urspelt accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.