40 Battery Street, VLT 1222 Valletta, Malta –
The British hotel is one of Malta s oldest family hotels. It has one of the best locations ovlooking the famous Grand harbour which throughout the island s history has played an important role especially in 1565 Great Siege against the Ottoman Turks. In 1566 Valletta was built and later , the hotel served as lodgings for the Knights of St John of Jerusalem. It also survived the bombardment of the second World War....In fact the family Montebello recalls one close occassion when a bomb fell clsoe by anddestroyed several wooden balconies and all the glass at the hotel. During the 20th Century the hotel served as a meeting place for several offcicers and soldiers for the British forces residing in Malta till 1979 when the last British soldier left the island. Since then there were many occasions when the hotel was used for location for various TV and movies amongst them Munich directed by Steven Spiegal. There were also several musicians artists and writers residing ..amongst others Philip Nicholson also known as A J Quinnell who wrote most of his famous novel Man on Fire (also a blockbuster movie) whilst residing in the hotel for over a year.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Upper Barrakka Gardens 0.1 miles
- Auberge de Castille 0.1 miles
- Barrakka Lift 0.1 miles
- Casa Rocca Piccola 0.2 miles
- Valletta Market 0.2 miles
- National Museum of Archaeology 0.2 miles
- University of Malta - Valletta Campus 0.2 miles
- National Museum of Fine Arts 0.3 miles
- Triton Fountain 0.3 miles
- Manoel Theatre 0.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Fort Sant Angelo 0.4 miles
- National War Museum 0.5 miles
- Valletta Waterfront 0.5 miles
- The Point Shopping Mall 0.8 miles
- University of Malta 1.7 miles
- Hal Saflieni Hypogeum 1.8 miles
- St. Peter's Pool 5.1 miles
- Hagar Qim 6.2 miles
- Popeye Village 10.6 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Market 0.1 miles
- Malta International Airport 3.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Food: Italian, Mediterranean
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
4 Reasons to Choose British Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
Services & Extras
- Tickets to Attractions or Shows
Pets are not allowed.
- Mini Golf (additional charge)
- Racquetball Off-site (additional charge)
- Horseback Riding Off-site (additional charge)
- Diving Off-site (additional charge)
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
- Tennis Court Off-site (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Bottle of Water (additional charge)
- Wine/Champagne (additional charge)
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available at a location nearby (reservation is not needed).
- Street Parking
- Airport Drop-off (additional charge)
- Airport Pick-up (additional charge)
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Kids' TV Networks
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Vending Machine (snacks)
- Vending Machine (drinks)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- Car Rental
- Packed Lunches
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children under 12 years are charged EUR 25 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged EUR 30 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 2.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
British Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform British Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.