Guesthouse Tunich Jungle Cabañas
Carretera Tulum-Bocapaila km 5.5, 77780 Tulum, Mexico – Great location - show map
Got a question?
Find more info in the questions and answers. Need something else? Send your own question to the property below.
About Tunich Jungle Cabañas
Thanks! You'll receive an email as soon as the property answers your question.
Tunich is (in our minds!) a one-of-a-kind space... we aren't sure what to call it. A guest house? A hotel? A B&B? It shares elements of all of these accommodation types - the independence of a hotel, the price of a guest house and the personalized attention of a B&B. Ultimately we decided not to "label" it and instead just focus on bring a service orientation to a well-priced room in an amazing location. You can call it whatever you want. :)
I left my corporate life behind to take over Tunich and take in the unique vibes of Tulum. I have a a young family and we are thrilled that my kids get to see and experience so many different cultures, languages, and personalities in one place! I am so thankful that my core team has been with me for years and are focused on delivering the best possible experience when staying at Tunich.
Perhaps we are biased, but we feel that our location is one of our greatest assets! The hotel zone of Tulum is one long narrow road that goes for miles and miles. The trick is, there is only ONE way in and out. We are located near the access road which means it is much easier for guests to go and explore the town (close enough to bike) and the other "neighborhoods" along the beach road as well. Within immediate walking distance there is a beautiful public beach (right across the road from our hotel), several supper restaurants, clothing & trinket shops and a small convenience store for basic needs. And last (but not least) we also have a bike rental shop right across the street!
Languages spoken: English, Spanish
Parque Nacional Tulum0.3 miles
Tulum Bus station2.5 miles
Tulum Archeological Site2.7 miles
Bus station Tulum Ruins2.9 miles
Sian Ka´an Biosphere Reserve6.3 miles
Cenote Dos Ojos10.3 miles
Xel Ha11.2 miles
Restaurant Mina0 miles
Restaurant Mateo's0.1 miles
Restaurant Kin Toh by Azulik0.1 miles
Ocean/Sea Caribbean Sea0 miles
Tulum Ruins4 miles
South Tulum Beach White sand3,950 feet
Cozumel International Airport40.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Food: American, Mexican
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, High tea, Cocktail hour
4 reasons to choose Tunich Jungle Cabañas
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most popular amenities
- Toilet paper
- Towels/Sheets (extra fee)
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Inner courtyard view
- Garden view
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Clothes rack
Pets are not allowed.
- Aerobics Off-site Additional charge
- Live sports events (broadcast) Off-site Additional charge
- Live music/Performance Off-site
- Tour or class about local culture Additional charge
- Happy hour Additional charge
- Bike tours Additional charge
- Snorkeling Off-site Additional charge
- Diving Off-site Additional charge
- Fishing Off-site Additional charge
Food & Drink
- On-site coffee shop
- Fruit Additional charge
- Bottle of water Additional charge
- Wine/Champagne Additional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
- Street parking
- Secure parking
Parking options available
- Airport drop-off Additional charge
- Airport pickup Additional charge
Front Desk Services
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Books, DVDs & music for kids
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
Safety & security
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle service
- Convenience store (on site)
- Airport shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle service (additional charge)
- Designated smoking area
- Mosquito net
- Private entrance
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Entire unit located on ground floor
Pool and Spa
- Pool/Beach towels
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
This property has taken steps to provide more sustainable and eco-friendly travel
These are the steps this property has taken to provide more sustainable and eco-friendly travel:
- Recycling bins available to guests and waste is recycled
- The property makes efforts to reduce food waste
- Water cooler/dispenser
- Single-use shampoo, conditioner, and body wash bottles not used
- Single-use plastic stirrers not used
- Single-use plastic straws not used
- Single-use plastic water bottles not used
- Single-use plastic bottles not used
- Single-use plastic cups not used
- Single-use plastic cutlery/plates not used
- Water-efficient toilets
- Water-efficient showers
- Option to opt out of daily room cleaning
- Option to reuse towels
- Most food provided at the property is locally sourced
- Most lighting throughout property uses energy-efficient LED bulbs
- Invests a percentage of revenue back into community projects or sustainability projects
- Offsets a portion of their carbon footprint
- Local artists are offered a platform to display their talents
- Provide guests with info about local ecosystems, history, culture, and visitor etiquette
- Green spaces like (rooftop) gardens at the property
- Most food provided is organic
- Bicycle rental
- Bicycle parking
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Extra bed by request
|$20 per person, per night|
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
The maximum number of extra beds allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
This property only accepts cash payments.
Credit cards are only needed to guarantee your booking .
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
Please note that the hotel is in a busy neighborhood and there is a generator running from 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM. The generators and local businesses are quiet by 11 PM. (Electricity is available through the night via the use of batteries.)
The on-site restaurant opens from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm daily.
A continental breakfast is included in the rate and is served in the restaurant during regular operating hours.
Payment before arrival by bank transfer is required. The property will contact you after you book to provide instructions.
FAQs about Tunich Jungle Cabañas
From the nearest airport, you can get to Tunich Jungle Cabañas by:
- Taxi 1h 40min
- Airport shuttle (public) 2h
- Bus 2h 30min
Tunich Jungle Cabañas offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Happy hour
- Bike tours
- Live music/Performance
- Tour or class about local culture
- Live sports events (broadcast)
Room options at Tunich Jungle Cabañas include:
Tunich Jungle Cabañas has 1 restaurant:
- Tunich Restaurant
Guests staying at Tunich Jungle Cabañas can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Tunich Jungle Cabañas is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The following parking options are available to guests staying at Tunich Jungle Cabañas (subject to availability):
- Secure parking
- Street parking
The prices at Tunich Jungle Cabañas may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The nearest beach is 150 feet from Tunich Jungle Cabañas.
Tunich Jungle Cabañas is 2.5 miles from the center of Tulum.