Eastern & Oriental Hotel
10 Farquhar Street, Georgetown, 10200 George Town, Malaysia –
Excellent location – rated 9.3/10! (score from 2096 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Eastern & Oriental Hotel.
The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.
Area Info –
- Pinang Peranakan Mansion 0.5 miles
- Fort Cornwallis 0.6 miles
- Wonderfood Museum 0.6 miles
- Khoo Kongsi 0.6 miles
- Prangin Mall 0.7 miles
- Komtar 0.7 miles
- Rainbow Skywalk at Komtar 0.7 miles
- 1st Avenue Penang 0.8 miles
- Penang Jetty 0.9 miles
- Penang Times Square 1.1 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Gurney Plaza 2.1 miles
- Gurney Drive 2.2 miles
- Straits Quay 2.9 miles
- Penang Hill 4.2 miles
- Sunway Carnival Mall 4.6 miles
- Kek Lok Si Temple 4.6 miles
- Penang Bridge 4.9 miles
- Penang Hill 16.9 miles
- Kek Lok Si 17.6 miles
- Queensbay Mall 18.5 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Three Sixty Revolving Restaurant Restaurant 0.6 miles
- 1st Avenue Supermarket 0.6 miles
- Chowrasta Market Market 0.6 miles
- Gurney Plaza Supermarket 3.1 miles
- Gurney Paragon Supermarket 3.1 miles
- 32 Mansion Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Penang Hill Mountain 12.4 miles
- Indian Ocean Ocean/Sea 0 miles
- Penang International Airport 9.6 miles
- Sultan Abdul Halim Airport 53.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Food: International, European
Open for: Dinner, High tea
Food: Local, International
Open for: Lunch, Dinner
Food: Local, International
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
6 Reasons to Choose Eastern & Oriental Hotel
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in George Town
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Pool Towels
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Massage (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
- Bowling Off-site (additional charge)
- Hiking Off-site
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Kid-Friendly Buffet
- Kids' Meals (additional charge)
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Breakfast in the Room
- Restaurant (à la carte & buffet)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Baggage Storage
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Suit Press (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (free)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- Shops (on site)
- Car Rental
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Honeymoon Suite
- VIP Room Facilities
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
Up to two children under 6 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged MYR 174.90 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Eastern & Oriental Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
A prepayment non-refundable deposit equivalent to 30% of the total reservation amount is required to guarantee bookings made for 5 rooms or more. The property will contact you after you book to provide payment instructions.
A tourist tax of RM 10 per room per night is applied to all foreign guests. This tax is not included in the room rate and must be paid upon check-in. Guests with a valid Malaysian Identity Card or valid permanent residents MY PR Card are exempted.