Gaya Island Resort
Malohom Bay, Pulau Gaya, Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, 88000 Gaya Island, Malaysia – Great location - show map
Tucked amidst protected mangroves, sheltered coral reefs and curled around the pristine sandy coast of Malohom Bay rests Gaya Island Resort. Set on an island within the protected Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, discover a sanctuary nestled in the hillside of an ancient rainforest with a stunning outline of Mount Kinabalu on the horizon. With its youthful vibe and sun-dappled moments, this beachfront resort blends harmoniously with the natural environment featuring a collection of hillside villas with views that range from mangrove forests and the surrounding canopy to the outline of Mount Kinabalu. Villa interiors are contemporary and elegant, eco-luxury yet respectful of Sabahan elements. Discoveries, authentic experiences and a sense of intimacy with the natural world all prevail across the land and seascape of this resort offering travellers and families an escape that is distinctively Borneo. The resort is committed to ecologically-sustainable practices to minimise its carbon footprint within the environment. Therefore, it is a walking resort with minimal motorised vehicles used for operational purposes.
Gaya Island Resort takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Kota Kinabalu Harbor 3.6 miles
- KK Esplanade 3.6 miles
- Kota Kinabalu Central Market 3.6 miles
- Filipino Market Sabah 3.7 miles
- Oceanus Waterfront Mall 3.8 miles
- Signal Hill Observatory 3.8 miles
- Gaya Street (Sunday Market) 3.9 miles
- Atkinson Clock Tower 3.9 miles
- Imago Shopping Mall 4.1 miles
- Kota Kinabalu Wetland Center 4.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Karamunsing Capital 4.4 miles
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Park 4.5 miles
- Sabah State Mosque 4.7 miles
- Sabah State Museum & Heritage Village 4.8 miles
- Likas Sport Complex 4.9 miles
- Likas City Mosque 5.2 miles
- North Borneo Railway 5.3 miles
- Borneo Marine Research Institute (BMRI) Complex 5.4 miles
- Petagas War Memorial 7 miles
- St. Michael Church Penampang 9.3 miles
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport 5.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Food: Local, Asian
Open for: Breakfast, Dinner
Open for: Dinner
Open for: Dinner
Pool Bar & Lounge
Open for: Cocktail hour
Food: Thai, Local
Open for: Lunch
5 Reasons to Choose Gaya Island Resort
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Sun Deck
- Private Beach Area
Pool and Spa
- Pool Towels
- Outdoor Pool (all year)
- Massage (additional charge)
- Spa (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
- Water Sports Facilities (on site) (additional charge)
- Snorkeling (additional charge)
- Diving (additional charge)
- Fishing (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
No parking available.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Tour Desk
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment & Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.
Gaya Lounge, Gaya Island Resort’s office for guest arrivals and departures including speedboat transfers between Gaya Island Resort and Kota Kinabalu will be relocated from their current premises at Sutera Harbour Marina to Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal.
Please note that room rates do not include speedboat transfers. Speedboat transfers have be to pre-booked and a chargeable per person, per way. Speedboat transfers are available at MYR 70 per adult, per way and MYR 35 per child, per way (2-11 years old).
The speedboat transfer schedule is as follows:
Jesselton Point to Resort – 08:00, 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00 and 21:00
Resort to Jesselton Point – 09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 18:30 and 21:30
For arrivals apart from the scheduled times, a private charter boat can be prearranged at MYR500 per way per boat. Please note that private charter boat will be MYR700 per way per boat between 21:00 to 07:00. These are additional costs and are to be paid directly to the hotel.
Please use the Special Request box to inform the hotel of your arrival details and preferred pick-up time as per speedboat schedule. Please note that all requests are subject to availability.
Please be informed that the hotel doesn't accept a third party payment card. Please present the same credit card used to guarantee your booking when checking in / making payment at the hotel. If you are making payment using another cardholder's credit card, kindly provide the following to the hotel prior to your arrival:
1) Authorization letter with cardholder's signature
2) Copy of the cardholder's card (front and back of card with cardholder's signature)
Please note that hotel may contact the cardholder for verification purposes. For security purposes, credit cards used for Non-Refundable bookings must also be presented when checking in
100% Verified Reviews
Real guests. Real stays. Real opinions.
Based on 376 reviews
Good: 7 – 9
Okay: 5 – 7
Poor: 3 – 5
Very Poor: 1 – 3
Value for money
Show reviews from: