Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort
Lot 20 & 21, Mukim Tioman, 86807 Tioman Island, Malaysia – Good location – show map
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.On Tioman Island, Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort is a 2-hour ferry ride from Tanjung Gemok jetty. Featuring modern villas with a balcony, the resort features snorkeling activities and a spa.
The air-conditioned villas come equipped with a flat-screen satellite TV. Full-length windows lead out to a balcony overlooking the beach or rainforest. An electric teakettle and tea/coffee maker are included in each villa.
Relax with a soothing massage or try out a luxurious body treatment at Tunamaya’s spa. Guests with young children can use the babysitting service.
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort is a 15-minute boat ride to Genting Village. It is also a 30-minute boat ride from Tekek Airport on Tioman Island.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, are you open for November / December?We would like to inform that due to very bad weather and monsoon, the resort will be closed from 1st November 2020 till 31st January 2021. You can boo..Answered on 23 October 2020
- What scuba diving facilities on the property? ?Regards to scuba diving, kindly click the link below for further details. https://www.facebook.com/ndlsmbtiomandiveAnswered on 24 October 2021
- Can i fish at your beach side or jetty?Please be informed fishing activity are not allowed at our beach or jetty. Regards to water activity, kindly click the link below for further detail..Answered on 24 October 2021
- Do you do honeymoon decorations and prepare candle light dinner by the beach?Yes, we do have special arrangements with additional charges. Please note that candle light dinner by the beach is subject to weather condition.Answered on 15 November 2021
- hi can we snorkel at the beach?Yes, you may snorkel at the beachAnswered on 31 March 2022
- Still looking?
- CuisineMalaysian • Pizza • Seafood • Asian • International • Grill/BBQ
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian
- Private Bathroom
- Sun deck
- Electric kettle
- Pool tableAdditional charge
- Game room
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Air conditioning
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Open all year
- All ages welcome
- Infinity pool
- Pool with view
- Pool/Beach towels
- Pool bar
- Beach chairs/Loungers
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach chairs/Loungers
From 2:00 PM
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 4 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no cribs available at this property.
All extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Cash is not accepted Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
1) Pick-up service is available from Genting Jetty to Tunamaya Resort. Guests boarding a ferry get this service for free. Please note that ferry details must be communicated to the property prior to arrival.
2) Pick-up service is available from Tekek Airport to Tunamaya Resort at RM 160 per person return trip. Please note that this is only for guests arriving by flight, and flight details must be communicated to the property prior to arrival.
For chartered boat services, please contact the property directly. Contact details can be found on the booking confirmation.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort
Yes, Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort is popular with guests booking family stays.
Check-in at Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort is 6.2 miles from the center of Tioman Island.
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort has 1 restaurant:
- Pawana Restaurant
Room options at Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort include:
Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Swimming pool
The prices at Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.