The Cormorant House
627 Insel Street Shark Island, Luderitz, 9000 Lüderitz, Namibia – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 255 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Certain units have a balcony with views over the bay. Each has a kitchenette and dining area. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bath or shower.
Guests have access to a communal barbecue area.
The nearest airport is Luderitz Airport, 7.5 mi from The Cormorant House.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.The Cormorant House has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Sep 7, 2017
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi there, Do you have a Family Room with bed space for 4 people available on 11th July for 2 x adults, 2 x children (4 and 6 years old). Or is the o..Hi Aileen Unfortunately the Family Unit has been booked on the requested date Alternatively book the non balcony room for the Children Regards Car..Answered on 7 April 2021
- Good day, we were booked to stay at your Hotel on the 22/23 Aug but you canceled our booking due to some one making long term bookings. you moved us ..Good day Good day That is correct. If you can recall, we did clear this with you before the time. Shark Island Air BnB is similar in standard to th..Answered on 30 August 2022
- Booked last year cancelled due to COVID restrictions paid deposit please can you let me have available dates July and August. Nortje and England 3 niDear Sir Thank you for your interest to book. Please contact the booking.com calendar for availability. You may use your ct note for the deposit. ..Answered on 19 January 2022
- Do you provide breakfast?We are a self-catering establishment and serve no meals at all We have a kitchenette in the room equipped with a refrigerator, microwave,induction st..Answered on 7 April 2022
- can you kindly send me the pictures of ROOM 2 sea facing.....I have already booked the room and very excited to see more pictures and kitchen layoutGood day Sir/Madam attached please find the the e-brochure regards Cormorant House TeamAnswered on 2 November 2021
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Extra long beds (> 6.5 ft)
- Ocean view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- BBQ facilities
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Clothes rack
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Accessible parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Tile/Marble floor
- Private entrance
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
- Entire unit wheelchair accessible
- Entire unit located on ground floor
From 2:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Cash The Cormorant House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about The Cormorant House
Check-in at The Cormorant House is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
The prices at The Cormorant House may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at The Cormorant House include:
The Cormorant House offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
The Cormorant House is 0.7 miles from the center of Lüderitz.