Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw
Damrak 93-94, Amsterdam City Center, 1012 LP Amsterdam, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 2129 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Amsterdam
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
De Roode Leeuw offers rooms in a monumental building in the heart of Amsterdam, 150 feet from Dam Square. Each room features free Wi-Fi and double-glazed, soundproof windows.
Amsterdam’s leading department store De Bijenkorf, is located directly opposite the hotel. Public transport is a few steps away and trains to Schiphol Airport leave at regular intervals.
The rooms offer climate control and wired internet access for notebooks. There are coffee and tea facilities and a flat-screen TV.
This is our guests' favorite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is that a balcony in the superior double room?Dear guest, Not every superior room have a balcony. You can request a room on the frontside with a balcony and we will do our best to give you a room..Answered on 12 October 2019
- I was just wondering what rooms have a balcony?I have three Superior rooms with real balconies and Comfort rooms on the frontside of the hotel with French balconies.Answered on 2 October 2020
- hi, which room would fit a couple and 2 kids aged 7 and 9? we would need two single extra beds or matresses, or even a sofa bed for the kids. thanksWe have a couple of Family rooms that can fit 4 people nicely.Answered on 20 July 2021
- Two questions Some persons have posted that they were charged a security deposit upon check in. Do you charge a security deposit upon checking in? ..Hello! We don't charge a security deposit anymore. Of course you can check-in after midnight. And the front desk is 24/7 available for you.Answered on 15 October 2021
- Do you have bicycles to hire. If so, what is the cost per person per day? Thank you.Goodmoring, We do not rent bicycles, but this is possible near our hotel. Best regard Front Desk NancyAnswered on 28 March 2021
- Still looking?
Brasserie De Roode Leeuw
Food: Dutch, International
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Parking garage
- Invoice provided
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Soundproof rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note when booking more than 9 rooms other policies and an extra supplement applies.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw
Guests staying at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw is 350 feet from the center of Amsterdam.
Check-in at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw has 1 restaurant:
- Brasserie De Roode Leeuw
Room options at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw include:
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
- Bicycle rental
- Bike tours