Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw
Damrak 93-94, Amsterdam City Center, 1012 LP Amsterdam, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 1739 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Amsterdam – Excellent location – show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
De Roode Leeuw offers rooms in a monumental building in the heart of Amsterdam, 150 feet from Dam Square. Each room features free Wi-Fi and double-glazed, soundproof windows.
Amsterdam’s leading department store De Bijenkorf, is located directly opposite the hotel. Public transport is a few steps away and trains to Schiphol Airport leave at regular intervals.
The rooms offer climate control and wired internet access for notebooks. There are coffee and tea facilities and a flat-screen TV.
This is our guests' favorite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
4 reasons to choose Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw
- Is that a balcony in the superior double room?Dear guest, Not every superior room have a balcony. You can request a room on the frontside with a balcony and we will do our best to give you a room...Answered on October 12, 2019
- I was just wondering what rooms have a balcony?I have three Superior rooms with real balconies and Comfort rooms on the frontside of the hotel with French balconies.Answered on October 2, 2020
- Two questions Some persons have posted that they were charged a security deposit upon check in. Do you charge a security deposit upon checking in? ...Hello! We don't charge a security deposit anymore. Of course you can check-in after midnight. And the front desk is 24/7 available for you.Answered on October 15, 2021
- Do you have bicycles to hire. If so, what is the cost per person per day? Thank you.Goodmoring, We do not rent bicycles, but this is possible near our hotel. Best regard Front Desk NancyAnswered on March 28, 2021
- Hi, do you offer a facility to leave luggage in a locked room?Dear guest, Thank you for your message. You can certainly store your belongings with us. I hope I informed you well Kind regards, Front Office Simo...Answered on November 11, 2021
- Still looking?
Brasserie De Roode Leeuw
Food: Dutch, International
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Crib by request
Extra bed by request
Extra bed by request
|€ 30 per person, per night|
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The maximum number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the room you choose. Double-check your selected room for the maximum capacity.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
ATM card Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note when booking more than 9 rooms other policies and an extra supplement applies.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
- Bike tours
From the nearest airport, you can get to Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw by:
- Train 15min
- Taxi 30min
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw has 1 restaurant:
- Brasserie De Roode Leeuw
Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw is 350 feet from the center of Amsterdam.
Guests staying at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
The prices at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw include:
Check-in at Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.