Stay in the heart of Utrecht – Excellent location – show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Grand Hotel Karel V! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Grand hotel Karel V is a unique 5-star hotel in the heart of Utrecht from where you can walk to the central station in less than 10 minutes. Guests can enjoy on site restaurant Karel 5, Bistro Karel 5 and Bar & Lounge. There is a garden where guests can take a walk.
The spacious rooms are a combination of modern and historic styles. They come with all comforts you might need. Guests can benefit from free Wi-Fi, a bathrobe with slippers, and in-room coffee and tea.
Restaurant Karel 5 serves a la carte fine cuisine with various wines in a setting with big mirrors and a chimney-piece. A la carte dishes are also available in Bistro Karel 5, serving casual classic dishes. Bar & Lounge is available for coffee and tea during the day and cocktails at night.
The breakfast is extensive and offers variation. Start your day with the best delicacies and a fresh cup of coffee or tea.
Relax after a day of work or sightseeing in the wellness and fitness center. Use the sauna and the solarium or swim in the indoor jet-stream pool.
Grand Hotel Karel V is located in the museum quarter of Utrecht. You can walk to the main shopping streets and cafés. A walk along the canals and city patios is also worth your time.
This is our guests' favorite part of Utrecht, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Have you taken any precautions for check-in because of the coronavirus?Dear Guest, we have a clear routing in our hotel. Reception has plexiglass screens and lines to indicate 1,5 meters. We prefer payment by card,Answered on July 14, 2020
- What arrangements are at the hotel For dinner and breakfast at the current time Jan 2021?Breakfast, lunch and dinner are only possible in the room.Answered on January 18, 2021
- hi, is the restaurant at the hotel serving food this weekend in the actual restaurant or rooms? thanksOur Restaurant, Bistro and Bar are only open for hotel guests. Make a reservation in advance, due to limited availability. There is an alcohol purchas..Answered on November 6, 2020
- Hello. Arriving at hotel on thursday. Is parking available? Cost please? ThanksWe offer parking at the hotel for an extra cost of €15 per night. Parking is based on availability and cannot be guaranteed.Answered on October 17, 2019
- Would a late check out at 13.00 or 14.00 be possible?Dear guest, Late check-out is based on availability. It is dependent on the day of departure. Kind regards, Team Grand Hotel Karel VAnswered on September 23, 2022
- Still looking?
Restaurant Karel 5
Food: French, European
Open for: Dinner
Bistro Karel 5
Food: European, Grill/BBQ
Open for: Lunch, Dinner, High tea, Cocktail hour
Most popular amenities
From 3:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 16 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
ATM card Grand Hotel Karel V accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
FAQs about Grand Hotel Karel V
Guests staying at Grand Hotel Karel V can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
From the nearest airport, you can get to Grand Hotel Karel V by:
- Train 40min
- Taxi 45min
Check-in at Grand Hotel Karel V is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.
Room options at Grand Hotel Karel V include:
Grand Hotel Karel V is 1,300 feet from the center of Utrecht.
The prices at Grand Hotel Karel V may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Grand Hotel Karel V offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Spa facilities
- Beauty services
- Hand massage
- Swimming pool
- Foot massage
- Bicycle rental
- Facial treatments
- Back massage
- Full-body massage
- Head massage
- Steam room
- Neck massage
Grand Hotel Karel V has 2 restaurants:
- Bistro Karel 5
- Restaurant Karel 5