Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys
Oosterstraat 53, 9711 NR Groningen, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 2220 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Hotel Schimmelpennick Huys is located in the heart of Groningen, in a beautiful city mansion. Sit out in the beautiful enclosed garden and benefit from free Wi-Fi.
The hotel has well-kept rooms with a private bathroom. In the morning you can enjoy a nice breakfast with various delicious choices and home-made bread.
Schimmelpenninck offers a brasserie with a French cuisine and it has a patio.
The hotel is located in the old city shopping center, close to the theater and the casino. In the area you will find plenty of cafés, restaurants and bars.
This is our guests' favorite part of Groningen, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi just double checking that I can bring my dog Ted with me? I made a booking for July, Thanks, JenniferDear Mrs Jennifer, Thank you very much for your message. Pets are only allowed in the Deluxe and Suites rooms. If you have any questions, please let..Answered on 27 April 2021
- Is it possible for a late check-in? Say 1-2 am next day?Yes this is possible, just make sure to make a remark at your booking. Kind regards, Team Schimmelpenninck HuysAnswered on 12 September 2022
- Hi we want to book a suite but..we prefer the first two shown on the foto’s is it possible to request one of them??Thank you for your question. Our hotel has 8 suites, each of which is different. When booking you may add your preference and we will try our best to ..Answered on 19 July 2021
- hi, I was wondering if you can accept check in about 1 am as well, because of train strikes I had no choice but to arrive in Groningen tonightDear, Thank you for your message. We do accept check in at 1 am yet we only have three rooms available so please make a reservation as soon as possib..Answered on 29 August 2022
- Hi we are arriving on 2 motorcycles for Assen GP stay with you, we note you have parking available, can you please confirm. Many Thanks Martin WillisDear mr Willis, To reserve a parking spot, please contact us directly.Answered on 5 March 2022
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast
Open for: Lunch
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Private Bathroom
- Outdoor furniture
- BBQ facilitiesAdditional charge
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Parking garage
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Smoke-free property
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 3 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking for more than 8 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that use of the parking garage costs €23 per night. Guests can park their car there from 1 pm and drive out before 12.30 pm the next day.
When traveling with pets, please note that an extra charge of €17,50 per pet, per day applies.
Please note that an extra charge of €12,50 applies per baby bed per day.
Please note that pets are only allowed on our Deluxe rooms and our Suites.
FAQs about Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys
Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys is 1,000 feet from the center of Groningen.
Check-in at Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Cooking class
Guests staying at Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys include:
Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys has 2 restaurants:
The prices at Hotel Schimmelpenninck Huys may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.