Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam is located in the heart of the Vondelpark and offers a view on the green surroundings. The Van Gogh Museum is an 8-minute walk away. The accommodation includes free WiFi access throughout the whole building.
The hostel offers bunk beds in shared dormitories as well as private rooms. All rooms/dorms have a bathroom and lockable cupboards. Guests can buy padlocks at the reception or bring their own. Coin operated lockers are available in the lobby at EUR 0.20 per hour or EUR 2 per 24 hours.
Breakfast is available in the morning for a surcharge. At the end of a busy day, guests can relax and have a drink or snack in Brasserie Bite & Drink. The lively Leidse Square is situated a 5-minute walk away and offers plenty of bars and restaurants.
Bike hire is available for a surcharge. Trams 1, 2 and 5 at Leidse Square offer direct access to Dam Square and Amsterdam Central Station. Guests can explore the surroundings by bicycle as Stayokay Vondelpark provides a rental service.
This is our guests' favourite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.
Most popular facilities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Have you taken any precautions for check-in because of the coronavirus?Of course we have! We follow all measures that our government prescribes. Safety for both our guests and staff is a priority.Answered on 8 May 2020
- Hi just wondering in the room with 2 singles and en-suite can the 2 singles be pushed together and made as a double bed??Hi there, yes this is possible!Answered on 24 November 2019
- U allowed kid's in hostel???Hai, We do allow kids in the hostel. Kids under 12 yrs old are allowed with adult in a private room. Kids above 12 yrs old can be booked in a shared r..Answered on 12 October 2019
- For the 10 bed dormitory, if the bathroom is being used, is there another bathroom we can use? For example in the main lobby area?Hi there, we have bathrooms in our main lobby area as well!Answered on 24 November 2019
- How much does it cost to rent a lock?Hi there, for safety reasons we don't rent locks. You can buy them at reception for 4,50 Of course it is also possible to use your own padlock. For ea..Answered on 7 September 2019
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 00:00
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
07:00 - 10:30
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 3 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking for more than 10 persons, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
ATM card Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that the deposit for bike hire is EUR 25.
Please state your gender and that of your travel companions in the Comments box when booking. You will then be allocated to the appropriate dorm.
Please note when booking a Double/Twin Room, it is possible that you will be staying in a 4 to 6 bed dorm. The remaining (bunk) beds will not be available for other guests.
Please note that the beds are not made (except for the Comfort Double Room), but bed linen will be provided and guests are required to make their own bed upon arrival. Towels are available at a surcharge.
Guests are requested to inform the property when children are coming along.
This hostel is certified with the EU Ecolabel.
When travelling with children younger than 13 years old, it is required to book a private room.
Guest under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
Please note the following policies apply for group bookings of 21 persons or more with a minimum reservation value of 1.500 euro's:
- Please note that the full amount has to be paid minimum 1 month prior to arrival. Stayokay will contact the main booker directly with payment details.
- Groups may cancel at no charge 10% of the total capacity up to 7 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be exempt from any charge if cancellations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made at least 41 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 50% of the total reservation value if cancellations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 28 to 40 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 75% of the total reservation value if cancellations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 15 to 27 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 90% of the total reservation value if cancellations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 8 to 14 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 100% of the total reservation value if cancellations of the entire booking are made 7 or fewer days prior to arrival.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark
Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Evening entertainment
- Bike tours
- Live music/performance
- Movie nights
- Live sport events (broadcast)
- Happy hour
- Bicycle rental
- Pub crawls
- Walking tours
Guests staying at Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark is from 15:00, and check-out is until 10:30.
The prices at Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark by:
- Bus 35min
Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark has 1 restaurant:
Stayokay Hostel Amsterdam Vondelpark is 1.1 miles from the centre of Amsterdam.