Damrak 96, Amsterdam City Center, 1012 LP Amsterdam, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 1998 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Amsterdam – Excellent location – show map
Located on Amsterdam’s famous Dam Square just 10 minutes’ walk from Centraal Station, Swissôtel Amsterdam offers a fitness center.
Swissôtel Amsterdam’s rooms include large windows, soundproofing and a spacious bathroom with free Swiss bath products. All rooms include a Nespresso machine, and some overlook Dam Square.
Breakfast is offered seven days per week and room service is available.
Guests can schedule an in-room massage, or ask staff at the 24-hour concierge desk to arrange bicycle rental or restaurant reservations. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout the whole building
The Magna Plaza shopping center and the Royal Palace are within 5 minutes’ walk. The Dam Square Tram Stop is in front of the hotel, and can be used to reach the Rijksmuseum, a 15-minute ride away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Have you taken any precautions for check-in because of the coronavirus?The hotel will follow the guidelines set by the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and Environmental Hygiene).Answered on 8 May 2020
- Are there any car parks nearby ?Only 10 minutes away form the hotel there is a public parking, P1 Parking Amsterdam Center, available for €20 per 24H, if reserved online.Answered on 21 July 2020
- If I book this room can I request a room with a cancel viewDear Sir or Madam, Unfortunately, the hotel is not situated directly beside the canals. We do however have some very beautiful city view rooms to offer!Answered on 9 March 2021
- Hi, if I book the Premium Double Room, can I still add an additional bed for my 8 years old child? Thank you!Dear Guest, Thank you for your message! Due to the fact the maximum capacity for people in a Premium Room is 2, I would like to advise to book a Junio..Answered on 29 May 2022
- Hi, what rooms have the view of the Dam sq.? ThanksDear Guest, Thank you very much for your messages. we will put your request in our system. Warm regards, The Swissotel Amsterdam teamAnswered on 21 October 2021
- Still looking?
Food: Mediterranean, International
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Extra long beds (> 6.5 ft)
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Clothes rack
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Parking garage
- Accessible parking
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Board games/Puzzles
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Soundproof rooms
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- MassageAdditional charge
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 7 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
ATM card Swissôtel Amsterdam accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that if you secure your reservation with a credit card, it will be verified by means of an authorization on the day of arrival. Please note that the hotel has the right to cancel your reservation after 16:00 hours if your credit card turns out to be invalid.
Please note that a safety deposit of EUR 50 per night is required upon arrival, to cover incidentals. This will be refunded at check-out.
Please note that babies and children are also included in the maximum number of people staying at this hotel.
Please note that from Monday to Friday breakfast is served between 7:00 and 10:00 and from 7:00 to 10:30 on Saturday and Sunday.
Please note that Swissôtel Amsterdam has a zero tolerance policy regarding all forms of drugs.
Please note that when booking 5 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements may apple.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform Swissôtel Amsterdam of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Swissôtel Amsterdam
Swissôtel Amsterdam is 350 feet from the center of Amsterdam.
Swissôtel Amsterdam has 1 restaurant:
Room options at Swissôtel Amsterdam include:
The prices at Swissôtel Amsterdam may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Swissôtel Amsterdam offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
Guests staying at Swissôtel Amsterdam can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Check-in at Swissôtel Amsterdam is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.