Hotel The Exchange
Damarak 50, Amsterdam City Center, 1012 LL Amsterdam, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 3174 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Amsterdam – Excellent location – show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel The Exchange! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Located in the heart of Amsterdam’s city center, Hotel The Exchange is an independent fashion hotel that playfully weaves together hotel design with fashion in unique rooms. Free WiFi is offered and accommodations varies from budget to five-star rooms.
Dressed as if it was a body, each room is uniquely decorated by Dutch top designers. Flat-screen satellite TV is provided. The modern bathroom comes with a bath tub or shower.
The Exchange includes a 24-hour reception and a ticket service.
Hotel The Exchange is 1,000 feet from Dam Square. Amsterdam Central Station is only a 5-minute walk from the hotel and offers direct connections by train, tram and metro all over the city. Hotel The Exchange is a 5-minute walk from the shopping street Kalverstraat as well as the Nine Streets area, the Jordaan district, and the Anne Frank House.
This is our guests' favorite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
- How do I ensure the room I’m selecting has a balcony?Dear guest, not all our rooms have a balcony only our 5 star rooms have balconies. Please request it when making a booking, we cannot guarantee but we..Answered on 5 January 2020
- Good morning! Do you have an elevator in the hotel? Thank you! YuriDear Yuri, we are happy to inform you that we have 2 elevators in the hotel. Kind regards, Team Hotel The ExchangeAnswered on 10 January 2020
- Is smoking allowed in the roomSmoking is not allowed in the hotel. Kind regards, Hotel The Exchange TeamAnswered on 17 August 2020
- Hello, Does the King Suit have a balcony?Dear guest, not all our King Suites have a balcony. Kind regards, Team Hotel The ExchangeAnswered on 10 January 2020
- If i book 2 months in nadvanced and request a balcony would it be possible?Thank you for your question. It is possible to book a specific room, for example with a balcony. The costs to reserve a specific room are €35. Kind re..Answered on 16 February 2021
- Still looking?
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 17 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
ATM card Hotel The Exchange accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that special conditions and extra charges may apply for bookings of 4 or more rooms.
Please note that the hotel will pre-authorize the amount of the first night on your credit card when booking 5 nights or more.
Please note that the credit card used to make the booking needs to be shown upon check-in and the name of the booker needs to be the same as the name on the credit card. If this is not possible please ask Hotel The Exchange for the third party authorization form.
Please note that the bed preference is not guaranteed and subject to availability.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
FAQs about Hotel The Exchange
The prices at Hotel The Exchange may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Hotel The Exchange include:
Hotel The Exchange offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
Hotel The Exchange is 1,150 feet from the center of Amsterdam.
Check-in at Hotel The Exchange is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Guests staying at Hotel The Exchange can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 6.1).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Breakfast to go