The Flying Pig Downtown
Nieuwendijk 100, Amsterdam City Center, 1012 MR Amsterdam, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.6/10! (score from 2471 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Amsterdam – Excellent location – show map
This hostel is located in shopping street Nieuwendijk in the center of Amsterdam. The Flying Pig Downtown has a bar and 24-hour front desk. Amsterdam Central Station is a 3-minute walk.
Each dormitory room comes with bunk beds and shared shower and toilet facilities. The private room comes with a TV to stream Netflix or Youtube, refrigerator and private bathroom which is fitted with a shower.
A continental buffet breakfast is available every morning at The Flying Pig. You can enjoy a drink in the hotel’s bar. There is a wide variety of cafes and restaurants in the direct surroundings of The Flying Pig Downtown.
Dam Square is a 5-minute walk. The Anne Frank House is 14 minutes by foot. From Central Station there are direct links by tram to Rembrandtplein, Leidseplein, Museumplein and Schiphol Airport.
This is our guests' favorite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Do I need a lock for the lockers?Hi, The locker under the bed do not come with a lock. You would have to bring your own or you can buy one at our 24 hour reception for €3.50. The Fl..Answered on October 21, 2019
- can i book 1 room with 4 beds?Hi, thank you for your question! Booking a Private 4 Bed Dorm is indeed possible.Answered on December 8, 2019
- i have some mobility issues like climbing stairs, howfriendly is it for people with mobility issues? is it easy to get taxis?Unfortunately our Amsterdam sites are not wheelchair friendly :( As both the Uptown and Downtown are period buildings, they traditionally have a grea..Answered on November 25, 2019
- Do you offer luggage storage?We have lockers available in the rooms, extra electronic lockers in the corridors for extra space and a free safe at the reception for small valuables.Answered on October 22, 2019
- Hi can i book 1 room with double bed for me and my wife?Hello! We have Double Ensuite Rooms. These are private rooms with a private bathroom for 2 people!Answered on March 7, 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
11:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
1:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking for more than 9 people, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Flying Pig Downtown accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that children under the age of 18 year can not be accommodated.
A deposit/full payment to the credit card used to book is always required at this property prior to arrival.
The Flying Pig Hostels are part of the St. Christopher's Inns Hostel group.
A form of Photo Identification is required upon check in. Accepted forms are a valid passport or national ID card. Driving licenses are NOT accepted.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Flying Pig Downtown
From the nearest airport, you can get to The Flying Pig Downtown by:
- Train 15min
The Flying Pig Downtown offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Evening entertainment
- Happy hour
- Live music/Performance
- Walking tours
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Tour or class about local culture
- Bar crawls
- Bike tours
The prices at The Flying Pig Downtown may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Flying Pig Downtown is from 11:00 AM, and check-out is until 10:30 AM.
Guests staying at The Flying Pig Downtown can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.4).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The Flying Pig Downtown is 1,650 feet from the center of Amsterdam.