The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Herengracht 255, Amsterdam City Center, 1016 BJ Amsterdam, Netherlands – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 867 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Some rooms feature a seating area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer. A TV is available.
There is a 24-hour front desk at the property. Also made available is the on-site bar.
Royal Palace Amsterdam is 1,300 feet from The Hoxton, Amsterdam, while Anne Frank House is 1,300 feet away. The nearest airport is Schiphol Airport, 6.8 mi from The Hoxton, Amsterdam.
This is our guests' favorite part of Amsterdam, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.The Hoxton, Amsterdam has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Aug 7, 2015
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a coffee maker?Hey there, Yes you have a coffee maker in the room! Let us know if anything else! Best, The Hox Team CarlosAnswered on 14 March 2020
- Are there lifts and if not how many stairs are there to the lower level rooms?Hi there, Yes, you can access all floors by lift! Cheers, The Hox TeamAnswered on 20 March 2021
- Do you include breakfast or is it available at extra cost Details say there is a restaurant but no photosHi there, At the moment we offer 2 breakfast options for our overnight guests. Option 1 is to make use of our breakfast bag, at 4EUR per person. For ..Answered on 26 January 2021
- Hi Are you able to provide two single beds or separate the double as I am travelling with my son? Kind regards. ClarissaHi Clarissa, Yes that is possible, with limited availability though. The best way is to reach out to us directly so we can check the availability on ..Answered on 27 March 2020
- Hi..... do you rooms have a mini bar/fridge. Was particularly interested in the Biggy with Canal View room.Hey there! Yes, all the rooms have a small fridge with some water and milk for free.Answered on 26 January 2021
- Still looking?
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Lunch • Dinner • High tea • Cocktail hour
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Modern • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Alarm clock
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rental
- Temporary art galleries
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Coffee house on site
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Private entrance
- Soundproof rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
From 2:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
Cash The Hoxton, Amsterdam accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
FAQs about The Hoxton, Amsterdam
The Hoxton, Amsterdam has 1 restaurant:
The prices at The Hoxton, Amsterdam may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Hoxton, Amsterdam offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Temporary art galleries
- Bicycle rental
Room options at The Hoxton, Amsterdam include:
Check-in at The Hoxton, Amsterdam is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The Hoxton, Amsterdam is 1,500 feet from the center of Amsterdam.