Lars Hillesgate 18, Bergenhus, 5008 Bergen, Norway – Great location - show map
Stay in the heart of Bergen
Offering a sky bar overlooking the mountains and Bergen, this Scandic hotel is located next to Bergen Train Station. Modern rooms with a flat-screen TV, bathroom with shower and free WiFi access are offered here. Torgallmenningen Square is 5 minutes’ walk away.
Each room ar Scandic Ørnen also includes a hairdryer and free toiletries for your convenience.
The breakfast buffet at the hotel's Aquila Restaurant features over 100 different items with an emphasis on organic products. At the top-floor Roast Restaurant and Bar, North Sea seafood and a selection of grilled meats can be enjoyed.
Bicycles can be borrowed for free on site. Guests can work out at Scandic Ørnen’s fitness centre and book time with a personal trainer.
The UNESCO-listed Bryggen Wharf is a 13-minute walk from the hotel. The Fløibanen Funicular is 0.6 miles away.
This is our guests' favourite part of Bergen, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Since you are near train station, do you hear train noise, like whistle, in your room?Dear Guest, You are correct that our hotel is located near the bus terminal and the train station. In some rooms you can hear some traffic, but we als..Answered on 8 February 2020
- Is there two separate single beds in the twin room? I need one bed for myself and ond bed for my adult sonHi and thanks for the question. It's correct that the twin rooms have two separate beds in them. kind regards Team ØrnenAnswered on 21 October 2019
- What time is breakfast available on Fridays? and Saturdays? Thank youHi, From monday to friday is our breakfast open from 06:30 to 09:30, and in the weekends it is open from 07:00 to 10:30. Kind regards Team ØrnenAnswered on 30 December 2019
- Hi, what name or number is the light rail stop closest to the hotel please?Hello, The stop closest to the hotel is either "Nygård" or "Bergen busstasjon". :) Kind regards, Scandic Ørnen.Answered on 29 October 2022
- Hi there - do you offer an airport transfer service or shuttle bus, or can you recommend a service?Hei, We do not offer any shuttle services, I am afraid. However, the Bergen Light Rail (Bybanen) runs from the airport and stops just across the stre..Answered on 8 December 2020
- Still looking?
Roast restaurant and bar
Cuisine: Local, International
Open for: Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Inner courtyard view
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun terrace
- Socket near the bed
- Bicycle rental
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Pay-per-view channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Parking garage
- Accessible parking
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Indoor play area
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing service
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/photocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centre
- Meeting/banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Minimarket on site
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Allergy-free room
- Wake-up service
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Fitness centre
From 15:00 hours
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 13 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are allowed. Charges may be applicable.
Scandic Ørnen accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Food & beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to help protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Roast restaurant and bar is closed from Tue 11 Aug 2020 until Mon 31 Aug 2020
Bar is closed from Tue 11 Aug 2020 until Mon 31 Aug 2020
FAQs about Scandic Ørnen
Scandic Ørnen offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Fitness centre
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Bicycle rental
Scandic Ørnen has 1 restaurant:
- Roast restaurant and bar
Check-in at Scandic Ørnen is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
The prices at Scandic Ørnen may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Scandic Ørnen is 750 yards from the centre of Bergen.
Guests staying at Scandic Ørnen can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.7).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at Scandic Ørnen include: