Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speak English
Vatnahalsen, 5718 Myrdal, Norway – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.5/10! (score from 80 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
4 reasons to choose Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell
- I will be arriving at night about 8.30pm on the late train. Can I check in then?Hei, We always reccomend to take earlier train and arrive Myrdal before 18:00 pm If you will arrive at Myrdal station from Oslo/Bergen you have to change train to Flåm Railway and take the train 1 stop down to Vatnahalsen station. (the ride takes 3 minutes) From 1 October - 28 april the last train departs from Myrdal at 18:00 pm It's not possible to walk from Myrdal wintertime , so then you have to take earlier train. Please check timetable information at VY From 29 april - 30 September the last train from Myrdal - Vatnahalsen departs at 20:05. It's possible to walk to the hotel in the summertime, it takes 20- 30 minutes. We recommend good shoes and backpack. It's a rocky path and the last hill is quite steep. Best regards Vatnahalsen HøyfjellshotellAnswered on 25 February 2020
- Is there a taxi service or other form of transportation from the Myrdal train station to the Vatnahalsen Hoyjells Hotel? Tracy BarnesHei, Theres is no taxi transport from Myrdal to Vatnahalsen.Answered on 24 January 2020
- We are arriving Mrydal around 9:25 PM today. How do we reach to this place? Is there any taxi service?It's not possible to drive in our area. I you arrive late by train to Myrdal station you have to walk to the hotel. It takes you 20-30 minutes. It's a rocky path and we recommend good shoes and backpack.Answered on 4 June 2022
- Hi, is it possible to leave the luggage in your hotel in the morning before checking in? We would arrive early morning and the checking time is 3pm.Yes, you can leave your luggage in the reception.Answered on 29 June 2021
- Can I visit with a dog? Is there an extra charge?Yes, you are welcome to bring your dog, but you must let us know in advance. We have separate rooms for guests with dogs in our 1 floor.Answered on 12 August 2022
Most popular facilities
15:00 - 18:00
08:00 - 11:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 15 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Cot upon request
|NOK 150 per child, per night|
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
There is no capacity for extra beds at this property.
The maximum number of cots allowed depends on the room you choose. Please check the maximum capacity for the room you selected.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The Flåm Railway stops at the Vatnahalsen Station, the stop after Myrdal Station, 50 yards from the hotel. Guests coming by other trains from Flåm need to get off at the stop before Myrdal Station.
Please note that:
- from 1 October until 31 December and from 1 March until 1 May there are no trains operating after 18:00 from Myrdal Station or after 16:50 from Flåm Station
- from 1 January until 28 February there are no trains operating after 15:45 from Myrdal Station or after 14:40 from Flåm Station
Please contact Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell for more information.
FAQs about Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell
Room options at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell include:
Yes, Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell is popular with guests booking family stays.
The prices at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell is 0.7 miles from the centre of Myrdal.
Check-in at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell is from 15:00, and check-out is until 11:00.
Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Children's playground
- Walking tours
- Bike tours
Guests staying at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 9.2).
Breakfast option(s) include: