At the head of the famous Flåm Railway in Myrdal, this hotel is only accessible by train and sits high above Aurlandsfjord. The hotel offers free WiFi, a traditional restaurant, and a lounge bar with pool table and fireplace.
At Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell guests are surrounded by a wild mountain landscape. There is direct access to hiking routes and fishing is possible on Reinungavatnet lake.
Hotel rooms overlook the lake and mountains, and Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell has a breakfast buffet each morning.
The Flåm Railway stops at the Vatnahalsen station just 150 feet from the hotel. From Flåm, 12 mi down the valley, fjord cruise routes run to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Nærøyfjord.
The popular Rallarvegen Navvies' Road passes through Vatnahalsen. This spectacular cycling route crosses over the Hardangervidda mountain plateau and ends on the shores of Aurlandsfjord.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
- I will be arriving at night about 8.30pm on the late train. Can I check in then?Hei, We always reccomend to take earlier train and arrive Myrdal before 18:00 pm If you will arrive at Myrdal station from Oslo/Bergen you have to change train to Flåm Railway and take the train 1 stop down to Vatnahalsen station. (the ride takes 3 minutes) From 1 October - 28 april the last train departs from Myrdal at 18:00 pm It's not possible to walk from Myrdal wintertime , so then you have to take earlier train. Please check timetable information at VY From 29 april - 30 September the last train from Myrdal - Vatnahalsen departs at 20:05. It's possible to walk to the hotel in the summertime, it takes 20- 30 minutes. We recommend good shoes and backpack. It's a rocky path and the last hill is quite steep. Best regards Vatnahalsen HøyfjellshotellAnswered on February 25, 2020
- Is there a taxi service or other form of transportation from the Myrdal train station to the Vatnahalsen Hoyjells Hotel? Tracy BarnesHei, Theres is no taxi transport from Myrdal to Vatnahalsen.Answered on January 24, 2020
- We are arriving Mrydal around 9:25 PM today. How do we reach to this place? Is there any taxi service?It's not possible to drive in our area. I you arrive late by train to Myrdal station you have to walk to the hotel. It takes you 20-30 minutes. It's a rocky path and we recommend good shoes and backpack.Answered on June 4, 2022
- Hi, is it possible to leave the luggage in your hotel in the morning before checking in? We would arrive early morning and the checking time is 3pm.Yes, you can leave your luggage in the reception.Answered on June 29, 2021
- Can I visit with a dog? Is there an extra charge?Yes, you are welcome to bring your dog, but you must let us know in advance. We have separate rooms for guests with dogs in our 1 floor.Answered on August 12, 2022
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 15 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
The Flåm Railway stops at the Vatnahalsen Station, the stop after Myrdal Station, 150 feet from the hotel. Guests coming by other trains from Flåm need to get off at the stop before Myrdal Station.
Please note that:
- from 1 October until 31 December and from 1 March until 1 May there are no trains operating after 18:00 from Myrdal Station or after 16:50 from Flåm Station
- from 1 January until 28 February there are no trains operating after 15:45 from Myrdal Station or after 14:40 from Flåm Station
Please contact Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell for more information.
FAQs about Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell
Room options at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell include:
Check-in at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Walking tours
- Bike tours
Guests staying at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Yes, Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell is popular with guests booking family stays.
Vatnahalsen Høyfjellshotell is 0.7 miles from the center of Myrdal.