Gokarna Forest Resort
Rajnikunj Gokarna, Thali, 20498 Kathmandu, Nepal –
Situated inside the serene Gokarna Protected FOREST yet only 10- 15 MINUTES drive from Kathmandu city and Tribhuvan International Airport. The Gokarna Forest Resort is situated on what was historically the private royal hunting ground of the erstwhile Kings of Nepal. Steeped in rich historical and cultural significance the main complex of the resort is a remarkable blend of Malla and Rana period architecture. The resort sits within 470 acres of the ancient Gokarna Forest with the majestic Himalayas providing a dramatic backdrop.
Area Info –
- Boudhanath Stupa 2.2 miles
- Pashupatinath 3.2 miles
- Sleeping Vishnu 4.1 miles
- Shivapuri National Park 4.1 miles
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square 4.2 miles
- Narayanhiti Palace Museum 4.8 miles
- Garden of Dreams 5.1 miles
- Ranipokhari 5.2 miles
- Nepal Tourism Office 5.2 miles
- National Stadium 5.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Thamel Chowk 5.4 miles
- Nasal Chowk 5.7 miles
- Hanuman Dhoka 5.7 miles
- Freak Street 5.8 miles
- Kathmandu Durbar Square 5.8 miles
- Patan Durbar Square 5.8 miles
- Swayambhu 6.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Bouddha Market 2.5 miles
- Tribhuvan Airport 3.1 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Gokarna Forest Resort
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- BBQ Facilities (additional charge)
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Shallow End
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool (all year)
- Turkish/Steam Bath
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Massage (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
- Horseback Riding (additional charge)
- Hiking (additional charge)
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
- Pool Table (additional charge)
- Golf Course (within 2 miles) (additional charge)
Food & Drink
- Restaurant (à la carte & buffet)
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- ATM On Site
- Baggage Storage
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- 24-Hour Front Desk
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Business Center
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Air Conditioning
- Shops (on site)
- Packed Lunches
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- VIP Room Facilities
- Hair/Beauty Salon
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 6 years is charged USD 49 per night when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years stay free of charge in a crib.
Any additional older children or adults are charged USD 49 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Gokarna Forest Resort accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.