Prices you can't beat!
Booking is safe
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
42 London Quay, 7250 Picton, New Zealand – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.5/10! (score from 725 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Atlantis Backpackers is a minutes walk from Picton Waterfront and a 2-minute walk from Picton Train Station. This simple accommodations features barbecue facilities and free on-site parking.
Guests can choose to stay in a lively dormitory room or in the comfort of their own private room with a full kitchen. All rooms have access to a shared bathroom. Linen and towels are provided in most rooms.
The property has a large movie library with over 280 DVD titles for guests to enjoy. The staff at the tour desk can assist in arranging local activities like wine tours, dolphin swims, hiking and boat trips.
You get to enjoy a simple breakfast which consists of toast, preserves, coffee and tea. There is also a communal dining area and a shared kitchen where you can prepare simple meals. Free dessert is provided.
Picton Atlantis Backpackers is a 5-minute walk from Interislander Ferry Terminal. It is a 2-minute walk from the local bus terminal and a 25-minute drive from Blenheim Airport.
This is our guests' favorite part of Picton, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
4 reasons to choose Atlantis Backpackers
Picton Memorial Park Beach8.5 Very good beach350 feet from property
Shelley Beach8.4 Very good beach1,150 feet from property
- Hi there, just wanting to confirm, are you pet friendly?Absolutely! Four legs, two legs, barking, meowing,howling, chirping: you've got 'em, we love them. Thank you so much for asking!Answered on August 10, 2021
- do you have rooms for 2 people i need 2yesAnswered on March 21, 2020
- Hey - if I booked with you on a Friday and Monday night would it be possible to park my car in the hostel Saturday and Sunday evening?Thank you so much for asking. We can arrange a free and perfect parking place for you on those two nights. As we have such limited parking on site, ...Answered on April 9, 2021
- Hi I am after a room for someone coming off the overnight ferry and wanting to get access for a few hours sleep before departing later in the day ? Al...We can do that! Yes we can. Please let me know what day you are arriving and we will do our best to organize the most appropriate accommodation for ...Answered on January 9, 2021
- Hey team, I am travelling with 8 dogs and 2 children (relocating back to the north island) - I would like to book a room for 1 night. Are you able to ...We will do everything we can to see that you and those remarkable canines are as comfy as possible. Please let me know what day that is and we can or...Answered on January 9, 2021
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 6 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
There's no capacity for cribs at this property.
This property doesn't offer extra beds.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed. Charges may apply.
Atlantis Backpackers accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests must meet one or more requirements to stay in this property: Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination, a recent valid negative coronavirus PCR test, or recent proof of coronavirus recovery.
FAQs about Atlantis Backpackers
Guests staying at Atlantis Backpackers can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.5).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Atlantis Backpackers is 500 feet from the center of Picton.
The nearest beach is 2,600 feet from Atlantis Backpackers.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Atlantis Backpackers by:
- Ferry 2min
Check-in at Atlantis Backpackers is from 12:00 AM, and check-out is until 12:00 AM.
The prices at Atlantis Backpackers may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Atlantis Backpackers offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Mini golf
- Evening entertainment
- Movie nights
- Live music/Performance
- Walking tours
- Bike tours