James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
147 The Terrace, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand –
Excellent location – rated 9/10! (score from 3941 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Premium King Room
Room Selected at Check-In
Lambton Twin Room
Max adults: 2
Max children: 2 (up to 12 years of age)
The Terrace Double or Twin Room
Lambton King Room
King Room with Club Lounge Access
4 Reasons to Choose James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
An iconic establishment in Wellington, the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor have been welcoming guests to the Capital City for decades. We have a long standing tradition of low staff turnover, with some personnel been with the Hotel for over 30 years! The Hotel also recognises the travel industries impact on the environment and we pride ourselves on developing conservation initiatives and have a dedicated ‘Green Team’ to help drive our sustainability goals.
Area Info – Guests loved walking around the neighborhood!
- Cable Car 0 miles
- New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs 0.1 miles
- New Zealand Ministry of Justice 0.1 miles
- Accident Compensation Corporation 0.2 miles
- Department of Child, Youth and Family 0.2 miles
- Massey University Wellington Campus 0.2 miles
- Medical Research Institute of New Zealand 0.2 miles
- New Zealand Defence Force – Trentham Camp 0.2 miles
- Otago University Wellington Campus 0.2 miles
- Wellington City Council 0.2 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Beehive Parliament Building 0.4 miles
- Parliament Buildings 0.4 miles
- Botanical Gardens 0.5 miles
- Cuba Street 0.5 miles
- Old Government Buildings 0.5 miles
- Te Papa 0.6 miles
- National War Memorial 1 miles
- Westpac Stadium 1 miles
- Wellington Zoo 2.5 miles
- Ataturk Memorial 4.5 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Countdown Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Boulcott Street Bistro Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Charley Noble Eatery & Bar Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Crab Shack Cafe/Bar 0.2 miles
- Shed 5 Restaurant Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Wellington Underground Market Market 0.3 miles
- Wellington Harbour Ocean/Sea 0.2 miles
- Wellington Airport 3.6 miles
- Kapiti Coast Airport 28.7 miles
- Woodbourne Airport 49.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
Most Popular Facilities
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Fitness Classes
- Full Body Massage
- Couples' Massage
- Neck Massage
- Back Massage
- Facial Treatments
- Beauty Services
- Massage (additional charge)
- Spa (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- On-site Coffee Shop
- Kid-Friendly Buffet
- Kids' Meals (additional charge)
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Restaurant (à la carte & buffet)
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed) and costs NZD 30 per day.
Front Desk Services
- Concierge Service
- Tour Desk
- Currency Exchange
- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Business Center (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Baggage Storage
- Car Rental
- Honeymoon Suite
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
- Room Service
We're sorry to hear thatNo, thanks
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all our customers.Close
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 12 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Debit card James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note that lift access to Lambton Quay is currently serviced by 1 elevator. All floors will be accessible, however, there may be delays during peak times
Please note that there is a 1.64% charge when you pay with a Visa, Mastercard or JCB credit card.
Please note that there is a 3.35% charge when you pay with an American Express credit card.
Please note that there is a 3.0% charge when you pay with a Diners Club credit card.
Please note that James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor requires a credit card imprint or a NZD $100 per night cash/credit card deposit upon check in to cover any incidental charges. If using a debit card or cash, the total cost of the reservation is payable upon check in, plus the bond.
Please note that non-refundable reservations will be charged at the time of booking.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
A damage deposit of NZD 100 is required on arrival. That's about 73.49USD. This will be collected by credit card. You should be reimbursed on check-out. Your deposit will be refunded in full by credit card, subject to an inspection of the property.