75 Featherston Street, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.0/10! (score from 6323 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
This 4 star hotel offers rooms for business and leisure guests with the benefits of modern facilities including free WiFi throughout and leisure facilities. All rooms feature flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and kitchenettes. There are also apartment-style suites with washer and dryer facilities available.
Rydges Wellington also houses the award-winning restaurant, Portlander Bar & Grill. Portlander is a grill house concept with a focus on local and seasonal ingredients and superb cuts of meat.
This is our guests' favorite part of Wellington, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.0 for a two-person trip.Rydges Wellington has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Sep 25, 2009
Hotel chain/brand: Rydges
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a balconyGood afternoon, Some of our City view King rooms do have a balcony, we can make a request for a balcony on your reservation however this is not guara..Answered on 10 October 2019
- Do you have free parking?We have valet parking available at the rate of $30 per day. The is subject to availability on arrival and we are unable to pre book this. Only upon a..Answered on 4 November 2019
- Is it buffet breakfastOur full buffet breakfast is not currently available. We have various menu items being served from an A la carte menu.Answered on 8 June 2020
- hi what time is breakfast available?Hi there, Breakfast is served 6-10am on Weekdays and 6.30-10.30am on Weekends. Thank you for your question!Answered on 25 March 2021
- Is the breakfast that’s included a buffet style breakfast?Kia Ora, yes. The breakfast that is included is our full buffet breakfast at the Portlander. Unless we are in Level 2 or above, this will then change ..Answered on 12 March 2021
- Still looking?
- CuisineSteakhouse • European
- Open forBreakfast • Lunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Modern • Romantic
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Cleaning products
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Live music/PerformanceAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Movie nightsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Stand-up comedyAdditional chargeOff-site
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleriesAdditional chargeOff-site
- Hot tub
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- iPod dock
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- Coffee house on site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Valet parking
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Business centerAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Family rooms
- Hair/Beauty salon
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Wake-up service/Alarm clock
- Room service
- Auditory guidance
- Visual aids (tactile signs)
- Visual aids (Braille)
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Lowered sink
- Raised toilet
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Open all year
- Steam room
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 10 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Cash Rydges Wellington accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that there is a 2% charge when you pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express or JCB Card credit cards.
We have valet parking available at the rate of $40 per day. This is subject to availability on arrival and we are unable to pre book this. Only upon arrival we would be able to let you know if we have a space available. Please note the vehicle must be under 6.6 feet in height.
If we do not have any parking here at the hotel, there is a Prime Parking building just a couple of minutes walk away on Stout street. Our reception team can direct you there when you check in.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Rydges Wellington of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Rydges Wellington
Check-in at Rydges Wellington is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
The prices at Rydges Wellington may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Rydges Wellington has 1 restaurant:
Rydges Wellington offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Bike tours
- Bar crawls
- Live music/Performance
- Temporary art galleries
- Happy hour
- Movie nights
- Swimming pool
- Stand-up comedy
- Themed dinners
- Walking tours
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Tour or class about local culture
- Steam room
Rydges Wellington is 2,950 feet from the center of Wellington.
Room options at Rydges Wellington include:
Yes, Rydges Wellington is popular with guests booking family stays.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.