554 Frankton Road, Goldfield Heights, 9934 Queenstown, New Zealand – Great location - show map
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Sherwood! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Sherwood is an eco-friendly hotel with an on-site restaurant and bar. The property is set on a hillside overlooking the picturesque Lake Wakatipu and the Remarkables Mountain Range. This unique property offers a tranquil retreat with a bicycle track and a vegetable garden.
Sherwood is just 5 minutes’ drive or 15 minutes' by bicycle from Queenstown City Center, and 8 minutes’ drive from Queenstown Airport. Both Coronet Peak ski fields and The Remarkables ski area are a 30-minute drive away. Guests can enjoy hiking fishing, cycling and skiing in the surrounding areas.
These refurbished rooms feature commissioned artworks and recycled materials including pure wool blankets, industrial light fittings, and hand crafted bathroom products. All studios offer a mini-bar stocked with local sodas, wine, craft beer, hand-made chocolate and teas. Free WiFi access is provided.
Guests at Sherwood can dine on fresh organic produce picked daily from the bio-dynamic vegetable gardens. There is an extensive range of natural local wine, craft beer, rare spirits and single origin coffee.
You can relax in the sauna or experience live musical performances from touring bands, DJs, and artists. A range of treatments are available from the spa and wellness center. Yoga and meditation classes are also available.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.5 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi, do you provide a shuttle to the center of town?Kia Ora, Sherwood do not operate a shuttle. Public Buses run from just outside Sherwood from 6am - 12.15am every 15 mins. You can purchase a bus pass..Answered on March 8, 2020
- is there a ski shuttle bus stop nearby?yes, on the main road. Best to speak directly with NZ SKI on times and availabilityAnswered on July 18, 2022
- Do you need a vaccine pass to stay at the Sherwood?Kia Ora, You do not need a vaccine pass to stay in the hotel but to use any of our facilities, like the restaurant, sauna or yoga classes, these will ..Answered on February 5, 2022
- Hi can you provide cot for one year old toddler? Also do you offer halal/vegetarian breakfast options?Hi there. Yes we can provide a cot, please put this as a request. We also provide vegetarian options for breakfast.Answered on January 7, 2022
- Hi, do you have bikes available to hire? Thankshi, yes we do. We charge hourly / half day / full day :)Answered on August 1, 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 13 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
The number of cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cribs are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Sherwood accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that there is a 3.5% charge when you pay with an American Express or Diners Club credit card.
Please inform Sherwood of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about Sherwood
Sherwood offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Evening entertainment
- Yoga classes
- Live music/Performance
- Bicycle rental
- Stand-up comedy
Check-in at Sherwood is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
Sherwood is 1.9 miles from the center of Queenstown.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Sherwood by:
- Taxi 10min
- Bus 20min
The prices at Sherwood may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at Sherwood include: