The Grand Hotel Wanganui
Corner of Guyton Street & Saint Hill Street, 4500 Whanganui, New Zealand – Great location - show map
The Grand Hotel is located in the center of Wanganui, opposite Cooks Gardens Sporting Complex. It offers free parking.
All of the comfortable rooms include modern facilities. Internet access is available.
There are 2 restaurants which are open daily, serving international cuisine.
Durie Hill Tower, Virginia Lake Gardens and Sargents Art Gallery are all easily accessible.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi grand hotel... for the deluxe suite have a tv in the bedroom and is the spa off the main room???Hi yes the TV is in bedroom and if the room has spa,its in the bedroom. thank you, Please let us know if need any other infoAnswered on 26 February 2020
- Is there free wi fi in the rooms ?yesAnswered on 25 January 2020
- Would there be secure parking for a motorcycle?yes we have a large garageAnswered on 1 March 2020
- What time does the bar close on a Saturday night?any time between 10pm and midnight depending on how many people aboutAnswered on 16 November 2019
- hi does its got parkingyes we have limited parkingAnswered on 25 April 2021
- Still looking?
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Cleaning products
- Socket near the bed
- Pool tableAdditional charge
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Daily housekeeping
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Invoice provided
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- 24-hour security
- Electric blankets
- Designated smoking area
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 18 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 4 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Grand Hotel Wanganui accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests must meet one or more requirements to stay in this property: Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination, a recent valid negative coronavirus PCR test, or recent proof of coronavirus recovery.
FAQs about The Grand Hotel Wanganui
Room options at The Grand Hotel Wanganui include:
The prices at The Grand Hotel Wanganui may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Grand Hotel Wanganui is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
The Grand Hotel Wanganui is 500 feet from the center of Whanganui.
Yes, The Grand Hotel Wanganui is popular with guests booking family stays.
The Grand Hotel Wanganui offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)