The Prospect of Howick Accommodation
78 Picton Street Howick, 2014 Auckland, New Zealand – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 198 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
At the hotel, all rooms are fitted with a wardrobe, a flat-screen TV and a shared bathroom. The units will provide guests with a fridge.
Guests at The Prospect of Howick Accommodations can enjoy a self-serve continental breakfast which is available daily in the shared kitchen/dining area.The breakfast includes cereal, bread (toaster available), spreads, milk, juice and bottled water.
Mount Smart Stadium is 8.1 mi from the accommodations, while Ellerslie Events Center is 9.9 mi away. The nearest airport is Auckland Airport, 14 mi from The Prospect of Howick Accommodations.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.3 for a two-person trip.The Prospect of Howick Accommodation has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Aug 12, 2019
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a tv in the room?Yes there is a TV in every room and also another one in the shared lounge area.Answered on 28 November 2019
- Hi, is there are after hours access code to enter the property? We will be attending a family event and won't be back in Howick until 1amGood Morning, yes there is an after hours access, we can show you this when you book in. Have you made a booking already? Thank you DonnaAnswered on 19 April 2021
- What is check in time please? I'm driving down from Kerikeri and have an appointment in the afternoon, would very much like to freshen up after a lon..Hi I'm not sure who you are? We have a few bookings today but check in time is 2pm as per the confirmation you should if got from B com? Thanks Donna ..Answered on 11 August 2022
- is the parking secure off street parking?The car park behind the accommodation is a shared area and is available to the public as well as some businesses. Although it is not locked it is we..Answered on 29 December 2020
- Does each room has its own shower/toilet?Good Morning, sorry for the late reply, I have only just seen this. No we do not have ensuites in the rooms. There are 5 separate bathrooms which ar..Answered on 25 May 2023
- Still looking?
- Open forBreakfast • Brunch • Lunch • Dinner
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Modern
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Shared toilet
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Outdoor furniture
- Sun deck
- Shared kitchen
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Live music/Performance
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Evening entertainment
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- Pay-per-view channels
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' mealsAdditional charge
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Private entrance
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
From 12:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash The Prospect of Howick Accommodation accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Prospect of Howick Accommodation
The Prospect of Howick Accommodation has 1 restaurant:
- The Good Home Howick
Check-in at The Prospect of Howick Accommodation is from 2:00 PM, and check-out is until 10:00 AM.
The Prospect of Howick Accommodation is 9.3 miles from the center of Auckland.
The prices at The Prospect of Howick Accommodation may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Prospect of Howick Accommodation offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Evening entertainment
- Live music/Performance
- Happy hour
- Live sports events (broadcast)
Guests staying at The Prospect of Howick Accommodation can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 6.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Room options at The Prospect of Howick Accommodation include: