The Spire Hotel
3-5 Church Lane , 9300 Queenstown, New Zealand – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 169 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Get the celebrity treatment with world-class service at The Spire Hotel
The Spire Hotel is a 10-minute walk from Skyline Gondola and a 5-minute walk from Queenstown Gardens. It is a 20-minute drive from Millbrook Golf Course and Coronet Peak Ski Fields. Queenstown Airport is a 15-minute drive away.
All rooms offer a lounge area with a flat-screen TV and an private bathroom with a 2-person vanity, a bathtub and a separate shower.
Guests enjoy access to a nearby fitness center, a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
This is our guests' favorite part of Queenstown, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.The Spire Hotel has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Oct 3, 2012
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hi do you have any rooms that have a balcony with a dos that over look the lightsHi, All of our rooms have balconies that offer the following views. Laneway: On the first floor with views over Church Lane. Spire: views over St Pe..Answered on 1 October 2021
- Does the rooms have an oven?Hi there, Thank you for your message. Unfortunately none of our rooms have oven. Please let us know if you need anything further. Kind Regards, Gues..Answered on 21 February 2021
- I am interested in the Deluxe twin suite but have an asthmatic guest who is allergic to feathers. Do you have synthetic bedding as well as gluten fre..Hi, We do have featherless pillows, & the mattress brand is Sleepyhead Commercial - Elegance Plush: https://www.sleepyheadcommercial.co.nz/beds/elega..Answered on 6 March 2022
- Hi there, Is your hotel adults only hotel ? We ‘re family of 3 (2 adults and 4 yo) we couldn’t see any room for 3 . Please advise . Many thanks :)Hello there, Thank you for your message. We can include a rollaway bed in the room for one more person that this has the additional cost of $260.00. P..Answered on 3 July 2021
- do you provide a car park, please? Thank you KasiaDear Kasia, We offer Valet Parking for $35 per day, you can let us know upon arrival if you would like this service. Guest ServicesAnswered on 21 September 2022
- Still looking?
- Open forBreakfast • Dinner
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Walk-in closet
- Extra long beds (> 6.5 ft)
- Outdoor furniture
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Ski pass vendor
- Ski storage
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Valet parking
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Tile/Marble floor
- Private entrance
- Interconnecting room(s) available
- Packed lunches
- Ironing facilities
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
- Spa/Wellness packages
- MassageAdditional charge
- SpaAdditional charge
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Cash The Spire Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
You can request your preferred bedding configuration in the Special Request Box at the time of booking. Please note that the bedding configuration is not guaranteed and will be confirmed upon arrival, subject to availability.
Please note that there is a 2% charge for amex/visa/mastercard.
Please note that valet parking is available for NZD 35 per day.
Food and beverage services at this property may be limited or unavailable due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Please inform The Spire Hotel of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
FAQs about The Spire Hotel
Check-in at The Spire Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Spire Hotel is 500 feet from the center of Queenstown.
Guests staying at The Spire Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
The Spire Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Bike tours
- Spa/Wellness packages
The nearest beach is 500 feet from The Spire Hotel.
The Spire Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- The Grille by Eichardts
The prices at The Spire Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at The Spire Hotel include: