Browns Downtown Hotel
Rua Dos Sapateiros 69-79, Santa Maria Maior, 1100-579 Lisbon, Portugal – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 2563 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Lisbon
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Browns Downtown Hotel! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
These trendy rooms in the center of Lisbon include hi-tech work stations with iMac computers. All are individually decorated, including coffee station and flat-screen TVs. Wi-Fi is free of charge.
With a tasteful mixture of textures and colors, all stylish rooms at Browns' Downtown are fitted with wooden floors and contemporary furniture.
Breakfast is served every morning at the Brown's | Brasserie on Brown's | Central Hotel (350 feet away) between 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
Air conditioning and private marble bathrooms are standard in all rooms. Facilities available in the coffee station include a coffee maker and an electric kettle.
The hotel is sited in Lisbon's historical downtown area. The restaurants of Bairro Alto and the shopping of Baixa Chiado can be reached with 15 minutes on foot.
Rossio Square is 5 minutes' walking distance, as well as the tram stop for the famous tram number 28. São Jorge Castle is a 15-minute walk from Browns Downtown Hotel and Comercio Square is 7 minutes' walking distance. Lisbon International Airport is 3.1 mi from Browns Downtown Hotel.
This is our guests' favorite part of Lisbon, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is there a window or balcony in this room?Thank you for the question, Balconies are not available in all the rooms, so if the Guest’s wish to have a room with a balcony, we recommend to cont..Answered on 5 December 2019
- is there a parking garage on siteThere is no parking garage and the parking places on the street where the Hotel is located, are limited to residents. The best options to park, are th..Answered on 9 January 2020
- Do Interior Rooms have windows? Thank you.Dear guest, The interior rooms have windows but the view is to the inside of the hotel. Kind regards,Answered on 17 March 2022
- Hi, does your hotel have a restaurant that serves food on Christmas eve and Christmas day?The Hotel is part of a Group of 3 Hotels in the same steet (Brown's Downtown, Boutique and Central), separated by 200m. It's expected that the Restaur..Answered on 11 August 2022
- HI DO YOU HAVE INTERCONNECTIING ROOMS FOR FAMILYWe don't have interconnecting rooms, however, we can always try to assign rooms next to each other, if a note is left on the reservation.Answered on 8 October 2021
- Still looking?
Brown's Brasserie on Brown's Central Hotel (100m away)
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, High tea
- Toilet paper
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Cooking classAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Temporary art galleriesAdditional chargeOff-site
- DivingAdditional chargeOff-site
- HikingAdditional chargeOff-site
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Kids' meals
- Tea/Coffee maker
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child servicesAdditional charge
- Daily housekeeping
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Grocery deliveries
- Vending machine (snacks)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Car rental
- Soundproof rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Airport shuttleAdditional charge
- Non-smoking rooms
- Bathroom emergency cord
- Lowered sink
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Browns Downtown Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that reservations for more than 3 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
License number: RNET 3220
FAQs about Browns Downtown Hotel
Browns Downtown Hotel is 1,300 feet from the center of Lisbon.
Room options at Browns Downtown Hotel include:
Browns Downtown Hotel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Temporary art galleries
- Tour or class about local culture
- Bike tours
- Cooking class
- Walking tours
- Happy hour
The prices at Browns Downtown Hotel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Browns Downtown Hotel has 1 restaurant:
- Brown's Brasserie on Brown's Central Hotel (100m away)
Check-in at Browns Downtown Hotel is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Guests staying at Browns Downtown Hotel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.4).
Breakfast option(s) include: