Hotel da Oliveira
Largo da Oliveira - Rua de Santa Maria, 4810-443 Guimarães, Portugal – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.8/10! (score from 782 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Hotel da Oliveira! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
The Hotel da Oliveira is within the historical Guimarães city centre, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Guimarães Castle, the city’s most iconic landmark is 150 yards away.
The air-conditioned rooms at the Hotel da Oliveira all feature a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hairdryer, flat-screen cable TV and tablet. The units also feature a minibar and some a balcony. All the rooms are individually decorated with themes regarding historical Guimarães personalities.
A rich breakfast buffet is served each morning in the hotel and can be taken in the room, upon request. Guests can dine in the property’s à la carte restaurant, which features a varied menu, including traditional Portuguese meals and international dishes.
In order to better get to know the surrounding area and the historical town, the 24-hour front desk has car rental and bicycle rental services available for guests. The hotel also has a library available, for guests to take a book and relax in the communal lounge.
This charm hotel is centrally located in Guimarães, the 2012 European Capital of Culture. The city centre features a number of local shops, cafés, bars, museums and restaurants. The Guimarães Castle has a famed statue of D. Afonso Henriques, the first King of Portugal in its front grounds, a popular tourist attraction. The historical city of Braga is a 23-minute drive and features a lively city centre and a famous Cathedral. The scenic Penha Mountain is 3.1 miles away.
The Porto International Airport is a 37-minute drive from the Hotel da Oliveira and the property provides a shuttle service, at an extra fee.
This is our guests' favourite part of Guimarães, according to independent reviews.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- How much is the transport from Porto Airport to the hotel?Dear Sirs. By Bus Guimarães-Oporto Airport directly in the company GetBus ( 50 minutes ) is 8.00 euros per person. Please see in the web page ( getbus.eu ) By taxi is about +-75.00 Euros. Best Regards FernandoAnswered on 3 February 2020
- Hi Can you give more detail of parking arrangements Can it be bookedHello, We have a car park associated with the hotel 150 meters away. It is located at Rua do Condestável Nuno Alvares Pereira and costs €5 for the entire stay. There is no need to make a reservation. Best regards, Hotel da OliveiraAnswered on 22 February 2023
- Do you accept United States COVID 19 vaccination card or pdf file from the pharmacy for proof of vaccination? Thank you, FáribaWe accept both covid vaccionation cards, PDF's, or imprinted certificates.Answered on 16 August 2021
- How much is a tea bag in the hotel? Some places have kettle and complimentary teas in the room. Thank youThank you for your contact. Dear Sir / Madame The price of each tea is 2 € and in our Hotel is not an offer. We only offer a bottle of water during your stay. We are available for any further clarification. Greetings. Carla Costa receptionAnswered on 17 December 2020
Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese, International, European
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Toilet paper
- Bath or shower
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Satellite channels
- FruitsAdditional charge
- Wine/champagneAdditional charge
- Kid mealsAdditional charge
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Street parking
- Accessible parking
- Concierge service
- 24-hour front desk
- Indoor play area
- Board games/puzzles
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Key access
- Safety deposit box
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Air conditioning
- Non-smoking throughout
- Wake-up service
- Hardwood or parquet floors
- Car hire
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Emergency cord in bathroom
- Toilet with grab rails
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upper floors accessible by elevator
From 15:00 hours
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in
Until 12:00 hours
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
Children aged 4 years and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
Prices for cots and extra beds are not included in the total price, and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
All cots and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Hotel da Oliveira accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note that traffic may be conditioned and there may be noise disturbances in the following dates:
- First Monday of August, Gualterianas Parties - Traffic is conditioned from 20:00 until 01:00.
- November 29, Pinheiro - Students traditional Festival - High probability of noise disturbances during the night.
Please note that drinks are not included in lunch and dinner prices.
When booking 6 rooms or more, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Hotel da Oliveira in advance of your expected arrival time. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly with the contact details provided in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo identification and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
License number: 4293
FAQs about Hotel da Oliveira
Guests staying at Hotel da Oliveira can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.6).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Hotel da Oliveira has 1 restaurant:
- HOOL Restaurante
Hotel da Oliveira offers the following activities / services (charges may apply):
- Walking tours
- Happy hour
- Bike tours
- Bicycle rental
The prices at Hotel da Oliveira may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates you select, hotel's policy etc.). See the prices by entering your dates.
Room options at Hotel da Oliveira include:
Check-in at Hotel da Oliveira is from 15:00, and check-out is until 12:00.
Hotel da Oliveira is 400 yards from the centre of Guimarães.