Nestled between a Natural Reserve that is home to pink flamingos, the historic town of Castro Marim and the endless sandy beaches of the Algarve lies this active traditional farm, surrounded by 12 hectares of organic Mediterranean orchards with figs, oranges, olives and carob trees.
The nine individually and lovingly designed apartments and houses provide fully equipped kitchens, comfortable beds, private bathrooms, free Wi-Fi and private patios with a view of the gardens.
Guests can pick organic vegetables in one of the gardens to cook in the privacy of their home or enjoy the delicious meals in the cozy on-site restaurant, the Taberna Remexida.
For recreation there is a swimming pool with sun-deck as well as a private beach in walking distance at the lake of the farm. The beautiful Praia Verde Beach is only a 5-minute drive away. For the younger guests there is an exciting playground and the chance to watch goats, chicken, turkeys or little pigs.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.1 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Praia Verde Beach8.9 Excellent beach1.7 miles from property
Cabeco Beach8.8 Excellent beach1.7 miles from property
Alagoa Beach9.2 Wonderful beach1.8 miles from property
- Hi, we love your place, do you rent out bikes or is there somewhere nearby that rents out bikes? We don’t have a drivers licence.Thank you! Yes it is possible to rent a bike. We will be glad to help you.Answered on May 19, 2021
- Is there a television and dvd player in the room?No, we don't have television or DVD players in our houses. However, we have free Wifi in all the houses as well as in all of the public areasAnswered on September 6, 2020
- How can I get to the closest beach from the property?You can go by car or bike.Answered on June 12, 2020
- Is there a shuttle available to get to the closest beach nearby? What are the other transportation options?There is no shuttle service to the beach. However, the closest beach is around 3km far from here and you can easly go by bike.Answered on June 12, 2020
- Hi, I am looking for a quiet place to spend the New Year with my dog. Is it usually not possible to hear fireworks there over the New Years? Thanks!We are located in the country side and we don´t throw fireworks in our property. For sure the sounds won't be as loud as if we were in a village, but we can not guarentee that the firework's sounds wil not be heard here.Answered on November 26, 2021
Food: Mediterranean, Portuguese
Most popular amenities
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 4 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
Free! Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
The fine print
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Please inform Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Payment before arrival by bank transfer is required. The property will contact you after you book to provide instructions.
Taberna Remexida: Closed from Wed, Nov 09, 2022 until Fri, Mar 31, 2023
Bar is closed from Wed, Nov 09, 2022 until Fri, Mar 31, 2023
Piscina 10 x 11 m: Closed from Wed, Nov 09, 2022 until Sun, Apr 30, 2023
License number: 5244/AL,5238/AL
FAQs about Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico
Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Game room
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Tour or class about local culture
- Bike tours
- Horseback riding
- Cooking class
- Swimming pool
- Temporary art galleries
- Private beach area
- Bicycle rental
- Themed dinners
- Walking tours
Check-in at Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
Room options at Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico include:
- Vacation Home
Guests staying at Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 8.3).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
From the nearest airport, you can get to Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico by:
- Taxi 30min
- Train 45min
The prices at Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico has 1 restaurant:
- Taberna Remexida
Yes, Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico is popular with guests booking family stays.
Quinta da Fornalha - Santuario Agroecologico is 2.5 miles from the center of Castro Marim.
Yes, this hotel has a pool. See details about the pool and other facilities on this page.