Richards Travel Lodge
49 Emirates Way, St Pauls , STHL 1ZZ Jamestown, St. Helena – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 10.0/10! (score from 8 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Richards Travel Lodge offers a seating area with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries, a hairdryer and shower. A fridge and minibar are also offered, as well as an electric tea pot.
Breakfast is available each morning, and includes buffet, à la carte and continental options. At the accommodation you'll find a restaurant serving African, American and Chinese cuisine. Vegetarian, vegan and dairy-free options can also be requested.
Both a bicycle rental service and a car rental service are available at Richards Travel Lodge, while snorkeling can be enjoyed nearby.
The nearest airport is Saint Helena, 7.5 miles from the bed and breakfast, and the property offers a free airport shuttle service.
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Does a bus or taxi come past Richard's Travelodge to take you into Jamestown and to the attractions?Richards Travel Lodge is on the public Transport (Bus) route. The service will get you into Jamestown and many of the main attractions. Taxis are also very cheap and depending on travel times the owners can offer a free trip into Jamestown.Answered on 22 December 2022
- Are rental cars available on the island? When is the best time of year for fishing and for the best weather? Can you recommend a fishing charter? V/r, HoopHi Yes there are several rental car companies available and we can arrange your hire for you. This is best done before your arrival. Main Fishing season is between April and August, we can arrange a fishing charter also. Let us know if that's okayAnswered on 28 August 2022
- Richards Travel Lodge
- CuisineAfrican • American • Chinese • British • Indian • Pizza • Asian • Grill/BBQ
- AmbienceFamily-friendly • Traditional • Modern
- Dietary optionsVegetarian • Vegan • Gluten-free • Dairy-free
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Garden view
- Ocean view
- Outdoor fireplace
- Picnic area
- Outdoor furniture
- Outdoor dining area
- BBQ facilities
- Electric kettle
- Socket near the bed
- Drying rack for clothing
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Cooking classAdditional charge
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Themed dinnersAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Bar crawlsAdditional charge
- DivingAdditional charge
- HikingAdditional charge
- CanoeingAdditional chargeOff-site
- FishingAdditional charge
- Golf course (within 2 miles)Additional charge
- Tennis court
- Sitting area
- Blu-ray player
- Flat-screen TV
- Satellite channels
- CD player
- DVD player
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Kids' meals
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Express check-in/out
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Security alarm
- Key access
- Shuttle serviceAdditional charge
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Smoke-free property
- Wake-up service
- Tile/Marble floor
- Private entrance
- Car rental
- Laptop safe
- Packed lunches
- Ironing facilities
- Airport shuttle
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Entire unit located on ground floor
From 1:30 PM to 11:30 PM
From 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
This property only accepts cash payments.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
FAQs about Richards Travel Lodge
Richards Travel Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tennis court
- Golf course (within 2 miles)
- Walking tours
- Bicycle rental
- Bar crawls
- Tour or class about local culture
- Themed dinners
- Cooking class
Check-in at Richards Travel Lodge is from 1:30 PM, and check-out is until 1:00 PM.
Richards Travel Lodge is 0.8 miles from the center of Jamestown.
The prices at Richards Travel Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Richards Travel Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- Full English/Irish
- À la carte
Richards Travel Lodge has 1 restaurant:
- Richards Travel Lodge
Room options at Richards Travel Lodge include: