We’re sorry, but this property isn’t taking reservations on our site right now. Don’t worry, you can find tons of other nearby properties right here.
Chapwani Private Island
Grave Island, 00000 Grave Island, Tanzania – Excellent location - show map
Excellent location — rated 9.6/10! (score from 120 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
You're eligible for a Genius discount at Chapwani Private Island! To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in.
Located just off the north west coast of Zanzibar, Chapwani Private Island is surrounded by a coral reef and situated along a palm-fringed white sand beach. It offers a restaurant and bar.
Decorated in a Zanzibari style, accommodation units at Chapwani Private Island are fitted with a sea-facing terrace, mosquito net and private entrance. The en suite bathroom has a shower.
The thatched-roof restaurant overlooks the Indian Ocean and serves a selection of dishes including Italian and local cuisine. Guests can enjoy a tropical cocktail at the bar which is located adjacent to the restaurant.
The resort boasts an outdoor swimming pool, boutique offering local craftwork and souvenirs, as well as a tour desk.
Free Wi-Fi is available and a complimentary airport shuttle can be arranged upon request. The island is a 15-minute boat ride from Zanzibar.
Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9.5 for a two-person trip.
- HI how is organised the connection from/to hotel to the land ?A boat free of charge ( not for arrival transfer with lots of lagguage) is available everyday at 10.00 from Chapwani coming back at 13.30 from town ..Answered on 16 February 2021
- Hi, we are travelling with daughter, 12years old, is there a possibility to add an extra bed to bungalow, dates 21-28 Feb.ThanksHi dear!! Normally from 12 years we dont consider as child ( from 1 to 11 year old only ) but we can do an exception for this specific case!!! -:)..Answered on 19 February 2021
- What exactly is included in half board rate? Are alcoholic drinks included or are these an extra cost?Half Board means breakfast and dinner and no drinks are included.Answered on 10 January 2022
- Hello, we would like to book from 23 Dec -27 Dec (4 nights) However we land in Zanzibar at 19:50pm is it possible to get to your island location at t..Hi Amy it is possible to reach Chapwani anytime day and nights!!! warm regards maryAnswered on 12 November 2022
- I am planning to book a safari on 13th. I will need to be on mainland at 5:30 in the morning. Will it be possible to arrange the boat transfer that early?Sure my dear!!!! We can perform transfer anytime day and nightAnswered on 8 February 2023
- Still looking?
Open for: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Private bathroom
- Sea view
- Outdoor furniture
- Water sport facilities on siteAdditional charge
- Tour desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service
- Non-smoking throughout
- Mosquito net
- Private entrance
- Non-smoking rooms
- Entire unit located on ground floor
11:00 - 14:00
08:00 - 10:00
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodation type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check the conditions of your required room.
Children and beds
Children of any age are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy information, please add the number of children in your group and their ages to your search.
Cot and extra bed policies
The number of cots allowed is dependent on the option you choose. Please check your selected option for more information.
There are no extra beds available at this property.
All cots are subject to availability.
No age restriction
There is no age requirement for check-in
Pets are not allowed.
Chapwani Private Island accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.