The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast
1 Daniels Street, Salem, MA 01970, United States of America – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 66 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Buffet and continental breakfast options are available daily at the bed and breakfast.
The House of the Seven Gables is a 4-minute walk from The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast, while Peabody Essex Museum is 1,800 feet away. The nearest airport is Logan Airport, 14 miles from the accommodation.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jan 2, 2020
Distance in property description is calculated using © OpenStreetMap
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Hello - your stunning place came up on a search for pet friendly accommodations in Salem. Do you allow a well-mannered flat coated retriever/boarder c..I am sorry but we do not accept pets.I will look into why we are coming up in the search. Breakfast is now served in the garden or to your guest roomAnswered on 31 July 2020
- Hello I love the look of your place I was wondering if you are taking advance bookings for 2021 for Halloween?Hello , Thank you for your interest in the Daniels House. I do not believe that the booking preference is enabled for online bookings that far in adva..Answered on 11 January 2020
- hello we are looking to come to Salem in June 2021, my sons would like to know if ya'll offer breakfastHello, Thank you for reaching out. Yes, continental breakfast is included in the price. It consists of cold cuts and cheeses, bagels, croissants, Eng..Answered on 22 January 2020
- Are any of your rooms on the ground floor? I’m a paraplegic and I love the look of your place!Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a guest room on the ground floor and due to the historic nature of the ..Answered on 27 September 2020
- Hi, I was wondering if you are able to accommodate 6 adults in 2 or 3 bedrooms. we are traveling down to Salem for my 60th birthday? Thank youHello, Yes, we can accommodate 6 adults. Although, it will be based on room availability with the schedule. Let me know if you have any additional q..Answered on 20 November 2020
- Still looking?
Managed by Daniels House
- Toilet paper
- Bathtub or shower
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Walk-in closet
- Outdoor furniture
- Socket near the bed
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Streaming service (like Netflix)
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Kid-friendly buffet
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Street parking
- Daily housekeeping
- Baggage storage
- Board games/Puzzles
- Board games/puzzles
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Key access
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Family rooms
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 21
The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Parties/events are not allowed
Guests need be quiet between 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
This property does not accommodate bachelor(ette) or similar parties.
Please inform The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
License number: 19-1044
FAQs about The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast
Guests staying at The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast is 0.6 miles from the center of Salem.
Check-in at The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Tour or class about local culture
The prices at The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Room options at The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast include:
Yes, The Daniels House Bed and Breakfast is popular with guests booking family stays.