Green Tortoise Hostel
494 Broadway Street, North Beach, San Francisco, CA 94133, United States of America – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.1/10! (score from 434 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Located in the lively North Beach Little Italy district, this San Francisco hostel is just 3 minutes’ walk to the renowned City Lights Bookstore and the entertainment district. Free WiFi is provided.
Shared dormitory accommodations is offered by Green Tortoise Hostels San Francisco. Guests have access to a shared kitchen and a large lounge with free table tennis and billiards.
A free daily breakfast consisting of eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, fresh fruit and orange juice is served every morning at this hostel. Coffee and tea are available all day. Nightly social events, all including cheap drink deals and some nights discounted dinners!
A 24-hour reception is offered to guests of this hostel. Other facilities offered include a tour desk, luggage storage and laundry facilities. An airport shuttle can only be arranged for a return to the airport.
Ferry Building shops, farmers market and restaurants are 0.6 mi away from Green Tortoise Hostel. Fisherman's Wharf attractions are 20 minutes’ walk away.
This is our guests' favorite part of San Francisco, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.4 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
ATM: Need cash? This property has an ATM on site.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- Is it quiet at night?As a hostel we ask the the guests respect their roommates, and we enforce this policy. The street is busy on weekends and there is an after hours clu..Answered on August 13, 2019
- Do you have planned events or activities??We have nightly activities, they are evenly split between in house functions and going out in the surrounding North Beach neighborhood all depending ..Answered on October 28, 2019
- How do I store my luggage at the hostel before I check in? Do I just leave my luggage at the front desk or should I contact a number beforehand?Just come to the front desk and we will be happy to help store your luggage in our secure storage roomAnswered on July 7, 2021
- Do you offer luggage storage?Yes, free luggage storage is available on the day of check-in and check-out. We also offer $4/night locked storage in our oversized lockers in the com..Answered on October 26, 2019
- Hi! Can we have a mail sent to your place during our stay? Thanks!As long as you are staying with us and it comes close to when you are here.Answered on May 5, 2022
- Still looking?
Most popular amenities
From 4:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Pets are not allowed.
Green Tortoise Hostel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Guests under 16 years of age are only permitted in private rooms, unless an entire dorm is rented.
Group reservations consisting of 5 or more people may be asked for payment prior to arrival.
We have a 7 day maximum stay.
Guests must provide a government issued ID that is from outside the Bay Area.
Please contact us if you are unsure about check-in requirements.
Please note: Guests should inquire with hotel directly regarding fee for off-site parking.
Guests need to provide proof of full Coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccination to stay at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Green Tortoise Hostel
Check-in at Green Tortoise Hostel is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
The prices at Green Tortoise Hostel may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Guests staying at Green Tortoise Hostel can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 7.9).
Breakfast option(s) include:
Green Tortoise Hostel is 0.7 miles from the center of San Francisco.
From the nearest airport, you can get to Green Tortoise Hostel by:
- Taxi 35min
- Train 50min
Green Tortoise Hostel offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Pool table
- Game room
- Evening entertainment
- Bicycle rental
- Live music/Performance
- Bar crawls
- Stand-up comedy