12 Clay Street, Newport, RI 02840, United States of America – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 129 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
There was a problem loading the reviews.
This Victorian-style bed and breakfast in Newport’s Mansion District is less than one mile from Newport Harbor. It features a terrace and elegant rooms with a fireplace and flat-screen TV. Each of Ivy Lodge’s rooms provides a DVD player, CD player and free Wi-Fi. The rooms are brightly decorated. The lodge features a 33-foot gothic oak entry hall and a fireplace in the spacious living room. Guests can enjoy a full made-to-order breakfast that includes baked apples and homemade breads. Ivy Lodge is less than one mile from Newport Art Museum, Rose Island Light House and Salve Regina University.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.9 for a two-person trip.Ivy Lodge has been welcoming Booking.com guests since May 6, 2011
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
See what guests loved the most:
- TTiptonUnited States of America“We loved the grounds, the inn, and our room and very comfortable bed as well as the tranquility.”
- PamelaUnited States of America“Room was clean and decorated to period of house. Breakfast was awesome. Jackie and her sons were wonderful and very accommodating. The grounds were well manicured.”
- JoanneUnited States of America“The breakfast both days was exceptional. The dinning room was beautiful and always decorated beautifully. There was coffee or tea available all day and special little snacks. The staff was also exceptional with service and helping navigate the city.”
- CChristineUnited States of America“We enjoyed the one evening we spent at the Ivy Lodge…. Recommendations for dinner and activities were great! Just wish we could have stayed longer!”
- ChristineUnited States of America“Architecture was beautiful. Loved sitting on the porch. Host was great and very accommodating. Breakfast was delicious.”
- AAmandaUnited States of America“Highly recommend staying at the Ivy Lodge, we would hands down love to return someday!”
- RRobertUnited States of America“Breakfast was very good, welcoming staff, excellent location.”
- JohnUnited States of America“very pretty and kept up well. The property was clean, easily accessible, comfortable. Food was delicious. I loved how they had cookies, tea, and coffee available throughout the day/night. Staff was available and very welcoming”
- PPatriciaUnited States of America“Wonderful owner and staff. Delicious breakfast. Lovely porch.”
- ElizabethUnited States of America“Ivy Lodge is located on a quiet street right in the mansion section of Bellevue Avenue and walking distance to downtown. Not having to look for (and pay for) parking in downtown Newport is a big help! If you don't want to walk, it is a short Uber...”
Property questions and answersBrowse questions from guests for anything extra you want to know about the propertyThe property usually replies within a few days
Does this room have a jacuzzi tub?Some of the King Standard rooms do have a Jacuzzi tub. All the King Deluxe rooms have a Jacuzzi tub. If you request one, we will do our best to mee..Answered on 1 April 2021
Hi! I am wondering if you are able to store our luggage in a secure place on the property for a few hours after check out? Let me know, thank you!Hi! Yes! We have a private area at the lodge where we keep guest's luggage on request. We are always happy to let our guests keep their cars or luggag..Answered on 21 January 2023
Does each room have its own bathroom?Hello! Good question! Yes, each room has their own private bathroom.Answered on 19 January 2023
Are you accepting reservations from residents of New York? Looking to book a room for this weekend, which is a special event. (wife's birthday). Thank youWe are perfectly fine accepting visitors from New York. No Problem. You can book direct if you like.Answered on 15 July 2020
Do any of the rooms have microwaves?There are not microwaves in the rooms. We have one on site that we can have you use. Hope this helps Don Jursek/OwnerAnswered on 9 December 2019
Is the spa tub big enough to accommodate 2 people Comfortably? Is it the triangular shaped tub?Hello All the whirlpool tubs are designed for two people. The Turret , Van Alen and Library rooms have larger tubs and the tubs are separate from t..Answered on 6 October 2020
- Still looking?
Area info *
Amenities of Ivy LodgeGreat facilities! Review score, 9.7
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Non-smoking rooms
- Toilet paper
- Guest bathroom
- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Wardrobe or closet
- Alarm clock
- Garden view
- Outdoor furniture
- Dining table
- Socket near the bed
- Clothes rack
- Bicycle rentalAdditional charge
- Dining area
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable channels
- Accessible parking
- Invoice provided
- Private check-in/out
- Express check-in/out
- Board games/Puzzles
- Books, DVDs or music for children
- Board games/puzzles
- Daily housekeeping
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
- Key access
- Shared lounge/TV area
- Designated smoking area
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Non-smoking rooms
- Upper floors accessible by stairs only
From 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children not allowed.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
The minimum age for check-in is 18
Ivy Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Smoking is not allowed.
Pets are not allowed.
The fine print
In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property may request additional documentation from guests to validate identity, travel itinerary, and other relevant info on dates where such guidelines exist.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Please inform Ivy Lodge of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details in your confirmation.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about Ivy Lodge
Ivy Lodge is 1 miles from the center of Newport. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Guests staying at Ivy Lodge can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The prices at Ivy Lodge may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at Ivy Lodge is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Ivy Lodge offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Bicycle rental
The nearest beach is 0.6 miles from Ivy Lodge. All distances are measured in straight lines. Actual travel distances may vary.
Room options at Ivy Lodge include: