Shaka Shak Hospitality
126 West Kahaopea Street, Hilo, HI 96720, United States of America –
Standard Queen Room (Uptown Hilo)
Standard King Room (Uptown Hilo)
Budget Family Studio D / Private Entry (Uptown Hilo)
Family Studio with Balcony (Uptown Hilo)
Standard Double Room (Uptown Hilo)
Our home is a very charming plantation house located in the newer town center. All rooms are on the 2nd floor & we live in the bottom part. Adventure seekers & budget conscious travelers love our set-up
Area Info –
- Prince Kuhio Plaza Shopping Center 0.7 miles
- University of Hawaii, Hilo 0.9 miles
- Hilo Municipal Golf Course 1.2 miles
- Hilo Shopping Center 1.7 miles
- Liliuokalani Gardens 2.4 miles
- Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo 2.4 miles
- Hilo Farmers Market 2.5 miles
- Bayfront Beach Park 2.5 miles
- Lyman Museum & Mission House 2.5 miles
- Naniloa Country Club 2.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- East Hawaii Cultural Center 2.7 miles
- The Pacific Tsunami Museum 2.7 miles
- Banyan Golf Course 2.7 miles
- Coconut Island Park 3 miles
- Rainbow Falls 3.1 miles
- Mauna Kea State Recreation Area 3.3 miles
- Lava Tree State Park 15.8 miles
- Lava Tree State Monument 17.8 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Ling\'s Chinese Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Hiro\'s Place Japanese Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Sack & Save Supermarket Supermarket 0.2 miles
- KTA Superstore Supermarket 0.5 miles
- Starbucks - Prince Kuhio Cafe/Bar 0.8 miles
- Island Naturals Market Supermarket 1 miles
- Wal-Mart Market 1 miles
- Sombat\'s Thai Cafe/Bar 1.5 miles
- Just Cruisin Coffee Cafe/Bar 1.5 miles
- Kinoole Saturday Farmer\'s Market Market 0 miles
- Poke Store Market 0 miles
- Hilo Rice Noodle Restaurant (Vietnamese) Restaurant 0 miles
- Kaumana Cave Mountain 1 miles
- Hilo Bay Ocean/Sea 1.5 miles
- DownTown Hilo Ocean/Sea 1.5 miles
- Rainbow Falls River 4 miles
- Waipio Valley Lake 10 miles
- Volcano National Park Mountain 12 miles
- Mauna Kea Observatory Mountain 15 miles
- Hilo Airport 2.6 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose Shaka Shak Hospitality
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
They speak 2 languages
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Picnic Area
- Outdoor Furniture
- Sun Deck
- Shared Kitchen
Pets are not allowed.
- Water Park Off-site
- Bikes Available (free)
- Snorkeling Off-site
- Hiking Off-site
- Fishing Off-site
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Parking Garage
- Street Parking
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Express Check-in/Check-out
- Designated Smoking Area
- Hypoallergenic Room Available
- Family Rooms
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:30 PM - 10:00 PM
7:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Shaka Shak Hospitality accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Proof of departure may be required upon check-in. SHAKA SHAK HOUSE RULES:
1. No shoes inside the building.
2. No smoking or burning of anything inside the building.
3. No drugs are allowed to be stored or consumed here.
4. Quiet time is 22:00-08:00. During this time, conversations must be in whispers, televisions are turned off or way down, and please limit noisy activities like showering, cooking, washing dishes etc.
5. Check-out is 10:00. Late checkout must be arranged in advance and cannot be guaranteed. Speak with the manager if you need baggage storage after checkout time.
6. Remember you are sharing space -- if your actions offend or inconvenience our other guests, we will insist that you leave immediately.
7. No inside cooking of food emitting offensive odors, such as fish.
8. We reserve the right to relocate guests to more appropriate rooms if necessary.
From Kona via Saddle Road, it will be about 26.7 miles from Mauna Kea Access Road to Komohana. Make a right turn on Komohana and then an immediate left turn at the first light, which is Puianako Street, then go about 1.9 miles to Maikai (past Santos Lane, as this is a bad road, full of holes). After, turn right on Kahaopea Street, Landmark is Sign Kahaopea Gardens. The 2nd house on the right is the house. It is a 2 story white house with brown trim and lots of flowers in front. Go down the driveway where the mailbox shows 126 West Kahaopea. Bright signs show where parking is.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
Please inform Shaka Shak Hospitality of your expected arrival time in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking, or contact the property directly using the contact details provided in your confirmation.
A damage deposit of USD 100 is required on arrival. You should be reimbursed within 14 days of check-out.
License number: TA-012-171-4688-01