The Hay - Adams
800 16th Street Northwest, Northwest, Washington, D.C., DC 20006, United States of America – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.8/10! (score from 160 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Stay in the heart of Washington, D.C.
Featuring a location overlooking the White House, this historic Washington, D.C. hotel offers gourmet on-site dining options and easy access to major attractions.
The Hay-Adams hotel offers free WiFi, in-room Bose CD players and fine Italian bed linens.
The hotel also offers a free daily newspaper and a business center.
While at The Hay, guests can enjoy on-site dining at the Lafayette Room, serving contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Off the Record Bar is also on-site and offers a unique dinner menu along with an extensive wine list.
Top area points of interest, including the Washington Monument and the Capitol Building, are within 2.1 mi of The Hay - Adams while The Smithsonian the National Mall are within 1.2 mi of the property.
This is our guests' favorite part of Washington, D.C., according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.7 for a two-person trip.
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- I want to book a room with view of white houseGood Day, Thank you for your interest. Our White House View rooms are only available by booking with the property directly. Please reach out to us if you would like to explore dates and room options.Answered on 8 September 2020
- Is there a block of rooms for wedding in SeptemberGood Afternoon, Please direct all questions regarding weddings or blocks of rooms to our sales team at the hotel directly. Stefan Reservations DepartmentAnswered on 27 March 2020
- Bicycle rental
- AerobicsAdditional chargeOff-site
- Live sports events (broadcast)Additional chargeOff-site
- Live music/PerformanceAdditional chargeOff-site
- Tour or class about local cultureAdditional charge
- Happy hourAdditional charge
- Bike toursAdditional charge
- Walking toursAdditional charge
- Stand-up comedyAdditional chargeOff-site
- Temporary art galleriesOff-site
- FruitAdditional charge
- Wine/ChampagneAdditional charge
- Special diet meals (on request)
- Snack bar
- Breakfast in the room
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Accessible parking
- Public transit ticketsAdditional charge
- Private check-in/out
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting/Child services
- Daily housekeeping
- Suit pressAdditional charge
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Fax/PhotocopyingAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilitiesAdditional charge
- Fire extinguishers
- CCTV outside property
- CCTV in common areas
- Smoke alarms
- Key card access
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Pet bowls
- Pet basket
- Grocery deliveriesAdditional charge
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Car rental
- Packed lunches
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Fitness center
From 3:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 12:00 PM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 6 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Prices for cribs and extra beds aren't included in the total price. They'll have to be paid for separately during your stay.
The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Check your selected option for more info.
All cribs and extra beds are subject to availability.
The minimum age for check-in is 21
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
The Hay - Adams accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), this property is taking steps to protect the safety of guests and staff. Certain services and amenities may be reduced or unavailable as a result.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), this property adheres to strict physical distancing measures.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), wearing a face mask is mandatory in all indoor common areas.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Hay - Adams
The Hay - Adams is 350 feet from the center of Washington, D.C..
The Hay - Adams has 1 restaurant:
- The Lafayette
Guests staying at The Hay - Adams can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 10.0).
Breakfast option(s) include:
- À la carte
Room options at The Hay - Adams include:
The prices at The Hay - Adams may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
Check-in at The Hay - Adams is from 3:00 PM, and check-out is until 12:00 PM.
The Hay - Adams offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Bicycle rental (additional charge)
- Bike tours
- Stand-up comedy
- Live sports events (broadcast)
- Tour or class about local culture
- Temporary art galleries
- Bicycle rental
- Happy hour
- Walking tours
- Live music/Performance