The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
215 Charles Street, West End, Boston, MA 02114, United States of America – Excellent location – show map – Subway Access
Excellent location – rated 9.0/10! (score from 291 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
How guest reviews work
Each review score is between 1 and 10. To get the overall score, we add up all the review scores and divide that total by the number of review scores we received. Guests can also give separate subscores in crucial areas, such as location, cleanliness, staff, comfort, facilities, value, and free WiFi. Guests submit their subscores and their overall scores independently – there’s no direct link between them.
You can review an accommodation that you booked through our platform if you stayed there, or if you got to the property but didn’t actually stay there. To edit a review you’ve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team.
We have people and automated systems that specialize in detecting fake reviews submitted to our platform. If we find any, we delete them and, if necessary, take action against whoever is responsible.
Anyone who spots something suspicious can always report it to our Customer Service team so that our fraud team can investigate.
Ideally, we'd publish every review we get, positive and negative. However, we won’t display any reviews that include or refer to (among other things):
- Politically sensitive comments
- Promotional content
- Illegal activities
- Personal or sensitive info (e.g. emails, phone numbers, credit card info)
- Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence
- Spam and fake content
- Animal cruelty
- Impersonation (i.e. if the writer is claiming to be someone else)
- Any violation of our review guidelines.
To make sure reviews are relevant, we may only accept reviews that are submitted within 3 months of checking out. We may stop showing reviews once they’re 36 months old, or if the accommodation has a change of ownership.
An accommodation can reply to a review.
When you see multiple reviews, the most recent ones will be at the top, subject to a few other factors (e.g. language, whether it’s just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). You can sort and/or filter them by time of year, review score, and more.
Sometimes we show external review scores from other well-known travel websites, but make it clear when we do this.
Guidelines and Standards for Reviews
These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. They're also applicable regardless of the comment's tone.
Contributions should be travel related. The most helpful contributions are detailed and help others make better decisions. Please don’t include personal, political, ethical, or religious commentary. Promotional content will be removed and issues concerning Booking.com’s services should be routed to our Customer Service or Accommodation Service teams.
Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. Please avoid using profanity or attempts to approximate profanity with creative spelling, in any language. Comments and media that include hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, sexually explicit remarks, violence, or the promotion of illegal activity are not permitted.
All content should be genuine and unique to the guest. Reviews are most valuable when they are original and unbiased. Your contribution should be yours. Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. Attempts to bring down the rating of a competitor by submitting a negative review will not be tolerated.
Respect the privacy of others. Booking.com will make an effort to obscure email addresses, telephone numbers, website addresses, social media accounts, and other similar details.
The opinions expressed in contributions are those of Booking.com customers and properties, and not of Booking.com. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Booking.com is a distributor (without any obligation to verify) and not a publisher of these comments and responses.
By default, reviews are sorted based on the date of the review and on additional criteria to display the most relevant reviews, including but not limited to: your language, reviews with text, and non-anonymous reviews. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc...).
This service may contain translations powered by Google. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
There was a problem loading the reviews.
Originally built in 1851, the Liberty Hotel elegantly combines historic style and architecture with today's modern conveniences, including wireless internet access and state-of-the-art fitness facilities. The hotel also offers free seasonal bicycle rentals along with free seasonal yoga classes.
The Liberty features a variety of gourmet on-site dining options, including modern American cuisine at Clink. Guests can also enjoy unique cocktails at Alibi, contemporary Italian dishes at Scampo and an extensive wine list at The Liberty Bar.
Located at the foot of Beacon Hill, the Liberty is set in the heart of the city, only steps from the Museum of Science and Kendall Square. The shops at Faneuil Hall along with the historic harbor area are also only moments away.
This is our guests' favorite part of Boston, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 8.8 for a two-person trip.The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston has been welcoming Booking.com guests since Jun 23, 2010
Hotel chain/brand: Luxury Collection
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
- What transportation is available from your hotel to Boston Logan? If you operate complimentary service, what times is it available?Good Afternoon, Thank you for reaching out. We do not have a complimentary shuttle service. I would suggest taking a taxi or Uber would should cost ap..Answered on 19 January 2022
- what does “shared” bathroom mean?Shared bathroom means we have one bathroom in each room that is shared amount how many guest are in the room.Answered on 3 March 2023
- Do you have a bar ?Yes, we have three bars.Answered on 10 February 2021
- Is the hotel serving food as of 4/1/22?Yes, all The Liberty's restaurants and lounges are open daily at various times. Reservations are highly recommended and available at CLINK, The Liber..Answered on 25 March 2021
- What kind of breakfast do you offer?Good Afternoon The hotel has Clink restaurant that offers breakfast in the morning for a fee.Answered on 9 January 2023
- Still looking?
- CuisineAmerican • Seafood • Local
- CuisineItalian • Mediterranean • Middle Eastern
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.
- Bicycle rental
- Live music/Performance
- Temporary art galleries
- Valet parking
- Parking garage
- Accessible parking
- Baggage storage
- Tour desk
- Currency exchange
- Express check-in/out
- 24-hour front desk
- Daily housekeeping
- Ironing serviceAdditional charge
- Dry cleaningAdditional charge
- LaundryAdditional charge
- Business center
- Meeting/Banquet facilities
- Security alarm
- Key card access
- Key access
- 24-hour security
- Convenience store on site
- Air conditioning
- Smoke-free property
- Hypoallergenic room available
- Wake-up service
- Car rental
- Soundproof rooms
- Family rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Non-smoking rooms
- Room service
- Fitness center
From 4:00 PM
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card at check-in
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to accommodations type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children & Beds
Children of all ages are welcome.
Children 12 and above are considered adults at this property.
To see correct prices and occupancy info, add the number and ages of children in your group to your search.
Crib and extra bed policies
Cribs and extra beds aren't available at this property.
No age restriction
There's no age requirement for check-in
Pets are allowed on request. Charges may apply.
When booking more than 9 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Other The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
The fine print
Please note, guests are required to sign up for the hotel’s free Reward Program in order to obtain complimentary WiFi access.
Note that only guests over 21 years old can check-in.
The service fee includes the following:
• Wireless Internet Access
• 24-Hour Fitness Facility with Chilled Towels and Fresh Apples
• Sparkling Wine Welcome Beverage at Check In
• Two Bottles of Water Replenished Daily
• Priority Access to Guest-Only Catwalk lounge, and Alibi Bar
• Daily Newspapers in Lobby
• Fresh Apples in Lobby
• Bicycle Rental or Kayak Rental (seasonal)
• Shoe Shine Service
• Business Center/computer access
• Entrance to all Liberty Affairs, including Major Mondays (live blues music at The Liberty Bar), Gallery Night Tuesdays (art exhibition in the lobby); Whole Note Wednesdays (live jazz music at The Liberty Bar); Fashionably LATE Thursdays (Thursday night Fashion show featuring local Boston designers); Beat Weekends (live sounds from Boston’s top DJs at The Liberty Bar on Friday and Saturday nights); and Saturday morning yoga classes taught by instructors from Equinox.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
FAQs about The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston
Guests staying at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston can enjoy a highly-rated breakfast during their stay (guest review score: 6.2).
Breakfast option(s) include:
The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston offers the following activities/services (charges may apply):
- Fitness center
- Bicycle rental
- Temporary art galleries
- Live music/Performance
The prices at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston may vary depending on your stay (e.g. dates, hotel's policy etc.). To see prices, enter your dates.
The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston has 2 restaurants:
Check-in at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston is from 4:00 PM, and check-out is until 11:00 AM.
Room options at The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston include:
The Liberty, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Boston is 0.7 miles from the center of Boston.