The Palms Cliff House Inn
28-3514 Mamalahoa Highway, North Hilo, HI 96728, United States of America –
The Inn overlooks Pohakumanu Bay. In Hawaiian, pohaku literally means rocks and manu means bird. The Koa'e Kea bird (also known as the White-tailed Tropic bird) which is almost all white with long graceful white streaming tail feathers, frequently seen over the bay soaring high, gliding in the trade winds looking for small fish to feed on. The Koa'e Kea are nests in the crevices of the surrounding rocky cliffs. Therefore, the name of the bay, Pohaku (rock), Manu (bird) refers to the Koa'e Kea that nest in the rock cliffs. Our location is the first area north of Hilo that has cliffs sutible for the birds to nest. When you enter the Inn, look to each side of the main doors. The White and black Kahili that stand guard at the entrance represent the Koa'e Kea of Pohakumanu Bay.
Area Info –
- Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden 6.2 miles
- Coconut Island Park 10 miles
- Hilo Harbor 10 miles
- The Pacific Tsunami Museum 10.3 miles
- Banyan Golf Course 10.3 miles
- East Hawaii Cultural Center 10.3 miles
- Bayfront Beach Park 10.4 miles
- Hilo Farmers Market 10.5 miles
- Naniloa Country Club 10.5 miles
- Lyman Museum & Mission House 10.5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Rainbow Falls 10.7 miles
- Liliuokalani Gardens 10.7 miles
- Hilo Shopping Center 11.2 miles
- University of Hawaii, Hilo 12.1 miles
- Prince Kuhio Plaza Shopping Center 12.3 miles
- Mauna Kea State Recreation Area 12.5 miles
- Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo 15.3 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Shark's Coffee Cafe/Bar 0.8 miles
- Cafe Pesto Restaurant 10.9 miles
- Farmers Market Market 10.9 miles
- Safeway Supermarket 14.2 miles
- The Seaside Restaurant Restaurant 14.8 miles
- Hilo Airport 11.3 miles
- Kona International Airport 61.3 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose The Palms Cliff House Inn
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
Booking is safe
- Sun Deck
- BBQ Facilities
Health & Wellness Facilities
- Massage (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Special Diet Meals (upon request)
- Snack Bar
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Express Check-in/Check-out
Entertainment and Family Services
- Books, DVDs, Music for Kids
- Daily Housekeeping
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Dry Cleaning (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Hypoallergenic Room Available
- Soundproof Rooms
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Safe (additional charge)
- Honeymoon Suite
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Until 10:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 16 years is charged USD 50 per night when using existing beds.
All children under 2 years are charged USD 50 per night in a crib.
All children under 16 years are charged USD 50 per night for extra beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged USD 50 per night for extra beds.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
The Palms Cliff House Inn accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.
Please note: Guests arriving after 17:00 need to contact the property to receive access information.
Please note: Guests are financially responsible for damages caused to rooms or property.
Please note: Reservations set for arrival on the dates of April 19, 2017 to April 22, 2017 will receive a "Merrie Monarch Confirmation" email. A guest signature is needed on the "Merrie Monarch Confirmation" sent out and it needs to be e-mailed or faxed back to the property within 72 hours of receiving it.
Guests are required to show a photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
License number: TA-143-953-9200-01