The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki
2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Waikiki, Honolulu, HI 96815, United States of America – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 223 reviews)
Real guests • Real stays • Real opinions
Experience World-class Service at The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki
The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort is located in the heart of Waikiki, in Honolulu, and offers a fitness center, full-service spa, an on-property bakery, exclusive area on the beach, beach activities, two outdoor pool options, and cultural activities.
Offering basic high-speed WiFi, each room is equipped with an iPod docking station and a refrigerator with 2 bottles of water. Decorated in tropical colors and themes with airy windows the rooms also feature views of the garden or ocean.
Guests at The Royal can swim in one of two outdoor pools, the Malulani Pool and the Helumoa Playground, or relax on the beach. The resort also features a hot tub and water sports rentals. Daily cultural activities are also available to guests.
The Mai Tai Bar serves tropical cocktails and nightly entertainment with views of Diamond Head. Surf Lanai is open for breakfast and lunch, specializing in mainland classic dishes with tropical accents presented in a refreshing manner. Azure Restaurant serves the freshest local seafood caught daily. Kids under 5 years of age can eat for free off the kids menu with one paying adult.
The Royal Hawaiian is one mile from the Honolulu Zoo, and 5 minutes' walk to the International Market Place.
This is our guests' favorite part of Honolulu, according to independent reviews.
Couples in particular like the location – they rated it 9.8 for a two-person trip.
Most popular amenities
Select dates to see this property's availability and prices
Waikiki Beach8.5 Very good beach450 feet from property
Fort DeRussy Beach8.5 Very good beach1,000 feet from property
Kuhio Beach8.5 Very good beach1,850 feet from property
Kahanamoku Beach8.5 Very good beach2,900 feet from property
Queen's Surf Beach8.7 Excellent beach3,250 feet from property
Kaimana Beach8.7 Excellent beach1.1 miles from property
Magic Island Lagoon Beach8.3 Very good beach1.1 miles from property
Ala Moana Beach8.5 Very good beach1.2 miles from property
Makalei Beach8.4 Very good beach1.6 miles from property
Leahi Beach8.5 Very good beach1.7 miles from property
- I need a licensed Minister to perform wedding ceremony on the beach ⛱July 18th before sunset? Reservation is conditional for this purpose exclusively!Aloha, Please send your inquiry direct to the concierge desk at Royal-Hawaiian-Concierge@pleasant.net, they will need your direct email address to re..Answered on June 18, 2021
- Hello! Are non guests able to rent cabanas pool side/beach chairs for the day?Aloha, No our pool facilities, including our poolside cabana rentals and beach chaise lounge/umbrella rentals are exclusively for registered guests on..Answered on August 10, 2022
- What activities do you have on the hotel premises, for example a luau or spa?We have Yoga class, cultural activities such as hula lessons and lei making, ukulee lessonsAnswered on November 1, 2022
- Hello. How many beds are in the garden suite?Our beautiful Historic Garden Suites with have either 1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds. Bedding requests are based on availability on the day of arrival.Answered on May 11, 2021
- Are in need of a later checkout, what is the latest checkout time availablelate checkouts are based on availability on the day of departureAnswered on November 1, 2022
- Still looking?
Mai Tai Bar
Food: American, Local
Open for: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktail hour
This is a Proud Certified property where you can be extra sure of a welcoming stay.