Avondrood Guest House
39 Huguenot Street, 7690 Franschhoek, South Africa –
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 97 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Avondrood Guest House.
Avondrood Guest House | Franschhoek, SA This picturesque guest house is just an hour’s drive from Cape Town, situated in the peaceful Winelands country also known as the Franschhoek Valley. Avondrood’s original Victorian Cape-Dutch home offers guests a beautiful peaceful stay with a rich historical feel of French Huguenot culture combined with all of the modern luxuries and amenities you desire. Just a short stroll down the road you will find the main village of Franschhoek with world-renowned restaurants, charming gift shops, cafes and magnificent historical buildings and museums to explore. If rest is what you need, stay in and enjoy the tranquil gardens at Avondrood. Private and scenic the 2000sq meter gardens surround a large pool, heated jacuzzi and outdoor breakfast veranda which boasts views of the mountains. Inside the main house you can relish in the spacious lounge next to the grand fireplace or settle into your favourite cocktail at the fully stocked bar and watch the game. There are eight large suites to choose from, all lavishly decorated with individual themes and character. Wake to a full breakfast with your stay,served with locally roasted coffee.
Area Info –
- Franschhoek Art House 0.2 miles
- The Franschhoek Market 0.3 miles
- Bordeaux Street Gallery Franschhoek 0.3 miles
- Franschhoek Wine Tram 0.4 miles
- Art de vivre Gallery 0.4 miles
- Heritage Square 0.5 miles
- Franschhoek Monument 0.6 miles
- Huguenot Memorial Museum 0.7 miles
- Hugenot Monument 0.7 miles
- Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve 2.6 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Jonkershoek Nature Reserve 11.3 miles
- Simonsvlei Wines 13.4 miles
- Fairview Winery & Cheese 14.4 miles
- Stellenbosch University 14.6 miles
- Asara Wine Estate 17.7 miles
- Paul Cluver Wines 18.3 miles
- Heidelberg Golf Club 19.6 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Pick n Pay Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Village Market Market 0.2 miles
- The Tasting Room Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Wemmershoek Mountain 3.1 miles
- Berg River Dam Lake 6.2 miles
- Berg River River 6.2 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 30.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Avondrood Guest House
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
Most Popular Facilities
- Outdoor Furniture
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Facial Treatments
- Beauty Services
- Beach Umbrellas
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
Pets are not allowed.
- Horseback Riding Off-site (additional charge)
- Cycling Off-site
- Hiking Off-site
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Food & Drink
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Secured Parking
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
7:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 3 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
One child from 4 to 12 years is charged 50 % of the room stay per night and person when using existing beds.
One older child or adult is charged 100 % of the room stay per night and person when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Avondrood Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.