Avondrood Guest House
39 Huguenot Street, 7690 Franschhoek, South Africa – Excellent location – show map
Excellent location – rated 9.9/10! (score from 117 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Avondrood Guest House.
Avondrood Guest House | Franschhoek, SA This picturesque guest house is just an hour’s drive from Cape Town, situated in the peaceful Winelands country also known as the Franschhoek Valley. Avondrood’s original Victorian Cape-Dutch home offers guests a beautiful peaceful stay with a rich historical feel of French Huguenot culture combined with all of the modern luxuries and amenities you desire. Just a short stroll down the road you will find the main village of Franschhoek with world-renowned restaurants, charming gift shops, cafes and magnificent historical buildings and museums to explore. If rest is what you need, stay in and enjoy the tranquil gardens at Avondrood. Private and scenic the 2000sq meter gardens surround a large pool, heated jacuzzi and outdoor breakfast veranda which boasts views of the mountains. Inside the main house you can relish in the spacious lounge next to the grand fireplace or settle into your favourite cocktail at the fully stocked bar and watch the game. There are eight large suites to choose from, all lavishly decorated with individual themes and character. Wake to a full breakfast with your stay,served with locally roasted coffee.
Avondrood Guest House takes special requests – add in the next step!
Area Info – Great location - show map
- Franschhoek Wine Tram 0.4 miles
- Heritage Square 0.5 miles
- Franschhoek Monument 0.6 miles
- Hugenot Monument 0.7 miles
- Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve 2.6 miles
- Graham Beck Winery 5.6 miles
- Franschhoek Motor Museum 6.8 miles
- Paarl Nelson Mandela Statue 7.2 miles
- Pearl Valley Golf Course 9.5 miles
- Jonkershoek Nature Reserve 11.3 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Boschenmeer Golf Estate 12.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Pick n Pay Supermarket 0.1 miles
- Village Market Market 0.2 miles
- The Tasting Room Restaurant 0.2 miles
- Wemmershoek Mountain 3.1 miles
- Berg River Dam Lake 6.2 miles
- Berg River River 6.2 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 30.2 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
5 Reasons to Choose Avondrood Guest House
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
- Fitness Center (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
- Horseback Riding (additional charge)
- Bicycle Rental (additional charge)
Food & Drink
Free! WiFi is available in public areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Concierge Service
- Baggage Storage
- Fax/Photocopying (additional charge)
- Ironing Service (additional charge)
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Non-Smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
3:00 PM - 8:00 PM
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
One child under 3 years stays free of charge when using existing beds.
One child from 4 to 12 years is charged 50 % of the room stay per night and person when using existing beds.
One older child or adult is charged 100 % of the room stay per night and person when using existing beds.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Cards accepted at this property
Hover over the cards for more info.