Klapmuts Road, 7670 Simondium, South Africa –
Excellent location – rated 9.7/10! (score from 115 reviews)
Rated by guests after their stay at Babylonstoren.
With a heritage dating back to 1692, no-one could have predicted Babylonstoren’s exhuberant rebirth after its restoration - or the fact that the experiential traveller would respond so emotively to its holistic ethos, which has very little to do with wine tasting, and more to do with soothing the soul, healing the mind and feeding the senses. It’s this mindfulness and intelligent vision that has redefined and rebranded the wine estate experience forever, by celebrating the simple pleasures of farm life but with designer cred that is layered through and through. Seven of the 13 rooms have glass-walled kitchens leading into the kitchen gardens, designed by French architect Patrice Taravella and featuring traditional hanging gardens, chamomile lawns, a walled bee garden, and even outsize bird nests to retreat to. Guests mingle, exploring the estate’s many delights, whether it’s a meal in the award-winning Babel restaurant with its farm-to-table menu, or a taste of charcuterie, cheese and wine in the farm shop. Tea in the elegant Conservatory in the gardens is as much a ritual as the ancient cleansing treatment in the marble hammam or a refreshing swim in the reservoir-style pool.
Area Info –
- Drakenstein Lion Park 2.2 miles
- Simonsvlei Wines 2.4 miles
- Pearl Valley Golf Course 3.3 miles
- Butterfly World 3.6 miles
- Fairview Winery & Cheese 3.6 miles
- Delheim 3.9 miles
- Afrikaans Language Monument 4.1 miles
- Paarl Railway Station 4.6 miles
- Rupert Museum 4.6 miles
- Paarl Mall 4.7 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- KWV Cellar 4.8 miles
- Boschenmeer Golf Course 5 miles
- Stellenbosch University 8.3 miles
- Nederburg Wines 8.4 miles
- Oom Samie se Winkel 9 miles
- Jonkershoek Nature Reserve 10 miles
- Asara Wine Estate 10.9 miles
- Heidelberg Golf Club 16.5 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- SPAR Supermarket 11.2 miles
- The Elephant and Barrel Pub Cafe/Bar 13.7 miles
- Root44 Market 24.9 miles
- Babel Restuarant Restaurant 0.1 miles
- Berg River River 5.7 miles
- Wemmershoek Dam Lake 17.5 miles
- Indian Ocean Ocean/Sea 28.2 miles
- Cape Town International Airport 21.5 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
6 Reasons to Choose Babylonstoren
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
One of our top picks in Simondium
Most Popular Facilities
- Sun Deck
Pool and Spa
- Indoor Pool (all year)
- Outdoor Pool (seasonal)
- Turkish/Steam Bath (additional charge)
- Massage (additional charge)
- Spa (additional charge)
- Fitness Center
- Sauna (additional charge)
Pets are not allowed.
- Bikes Available (free)
Food & Drink
- Restaurant With Dining Menu
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free! Free public parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
Front Desk Services
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Baggage Storage
Entertainment and Family Services
- Babysitting/Child Services (additional charge)
- Ironing Service
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities (additional charge)
- Airport Shuttle (additional charge)
- Shuttle Service (additional charge)
- Designated Smoking Area
- Air Conditioning
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Shops (on site)
- Packed Lunches
- Souvenir/Gift Shop
- Honeymoon Suite
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Room Service
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
From 2:00 PM
Until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Pets are not allowed.
Babylonstoren accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.