Chartwell Castle & Guest House
1 Hood Road, Chartwell West, 2055 Chartwell, South Africa –
On the outskirts of Greater Johannesburg ± 30 minutes from the old city Centre and on the Klein Jukskei River, stands this prominent four-storied Castle on 5 Ha (12 acres), providing accommodation for a maximum of 13 people sharing. The main building is of late 17th Century architectural style. Chartwell Castle We are located in tranquil Chartwell West, yet close to the main roads, shopping malls (Fourways Mall, Fourways Crossing, Broadacres Lifestyle Centre, Cedar Square), Monte Casino, The Lion Park, Lanseria Airport, and Fourways Life Hospital. We are within driving distance from O. R. Tambo International Airport. Our guest house is very spacious and peaceful, with a beautiful garden and swimming pool. We have the biggest known uninterrupted hedgerow maze in the Southern world (and the third biggest in the world), boasting more than 900 conifers. It covers about 6000 sq.m. (approximately 1.5 acres), which is roughly 5 times bigger than The Hampton Court Maze. We have five suites with private bathrooms and under-floor heating, sleeping a total of 13 guests. Breakfast is served between 06h30 and 10h00.
Area Info –
- Broadacres Shopping Centre 1.9 miles
- Dainfern Golf Club 2.3 miles
- Cedar Square Shopping Mall 3.3 miles
- Douglasdale Village Shopping Centre 3.3 miles
- Jura Corner Shopping Centre 3.4 miles
- Fourways Mall 3.9 miles
- Fourways Crossing 4 miles
- Diepsloot Nature Reserve 4.1 miles
- Olivedale Shopping Centre 4.9 miles
- Northriding Square Shopping Centre 5 miles
Most Popular Landmarks
- Roodepoort Country Club 8.9 miles
- Gautrain Sandton Station 10.5 miles
- Cradle of Humankind 11.8 miles
- Parkview Golf Club 12.9 miles
- Modderfontein Golf Club 15.1 miles
- Observatory Golf Club 15.4 miles
Restaurants & Markets
- Spar Broadacres Supermarket 2.5 miles
- Celestino\'s Dainfern Restaurant 5 miles
- Monte Casino Restaurant 7.5 miles
- Lion Park Cafe/Bar 7.5 miles
- Lanseria Airport (Johannesburg) 4 miles
- O.R. Tambo International Airport 19.8 miles
What would you like to know?No thanks
Thank you for your time
Your feedback will help us improve this feature for all of our customersClose
We're sorry, but there was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.Retry
4 Reasons to Choose Chartwell Castle & Guest House
Why book with us?
Prices you can't beat!
Manage your bookings online
The staff speaks English
Booking is safe
- Picnic Area
- Outdoor Furniture
- Sun Deck
- BBQ Facilities
Pool and Spa
- Swimming Pool
- Pool Cover
- Pool Towels
- Outdoor Pool (seasonal)
- Wheelchair Accessible
Pets are not allowed.
Food & Drink
- Bottle of Water (additional charge)
- Wine/Champagne (additional charge)
- Breakfast in the Room
Free! WiFi is available in the hotel rooms and is free of charge.
Free! Free private parking is available on site (reservation is not needed).
- Grocery Deliveries (additional charge)
- Daily Housekeeping (additional charge)
- Shared Lounge/TV Area
- Private Check-in/Check-out
- Baggage Storage
- Honeymoon Suite
- Laundry (additional charge)
- Family Rooms
- Facilities for Disabled Guests
- Non-smoking Rooms
What topic(s) do you want to know more about?
Thanks for your help!
Your opinion helps us figure out what kinds of info we should ask properties for.Back to property
Whoops! It looks like something went wrong submitting this. Try again?Retry
2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room.
Children and Extra Beds
All children are welcome.
All children under 3 years stay free of charge in a crib.
All children from 4 to 12 year are charged 50 % of the room stay per night per person when using existing beds.
Any additional older children or adults are charged 100 % of the room stay per night per person when using existing beds.
The maximum number of cribs in a room is 1.
There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Pets are not allowed.
Chartwell Castle & Guest House accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival.